Coral Vue Hydros

Josh's 2.5 gallon SPS Reef

BGJ223

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Switched out the LED driver today. Now all LEDs are being run at 350ma instead of 700ma. I might mess with the number of LEDs (cut down to 4), but other than that, the tank is done.

Now it is sit and watch it grow time.

I added a skunk cleaner to the tank today. He is hiding right now, but I will post pics when I can take a pic of him.

More pics, just snapped them. Corals are growing quite nicely. I am surprised by how quickly I am noticing growth. Pics are not the best, I didn't really try all that hard this time, but I hope you enjoy.

FTS

DSC_0455.JPG

Monti Island

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG

GSP

DSC_0456.JPG

Porcelain under a Monti Frag

DSC_0460.JPG

FES

DSC_0468.JPG

Skunk cleaner

DSC_0469.JPG

DSC_0441.JPG

DSC_0442.JPG

My green SLimer is encrusting very well.

DSC_0448.JPG

This looks great! I only hope to have a tank like this some day. I am new to this hobby and wonder why you don't put sand on the bottom? Is there a benifit? I only ask because my local store said I needed it.

This looks great! I only hope to have a tank like this some day. I am new to this hobby and wonder why you don't put sand on the bottom? Is there a benifit? I only ask because my local store said I needed it.

I don't have sand because it makes caring for this tank so much easier. Sand is not required it is does not at much benefit to your tank. sand also stores poop and waste, which then causes algae out breaks. So without sand I can have more flow in my tank and easily siphon gunk out.

I believe I am now 100% stocked. Yeah I know, I have said that before. But this time I mean it.

Added a glass shrimp today, a small piece of GSP and a frag of sunset Monti. No pics yet, but I will snap some tomorrow for the monthly pic update.

Almost forgot, I added a small piece of Millipora and an unknown sps frag.

There is still a chance I will swap some frags out due to color issues. Colors represented in the tank so far are, Red, Green, Blue, red/pink, purple, orange, and brown (This is the color thats bugging me).

Nano-Reef needs to include a "like" button B)

LIKE! not sure if they're on vbulletin or not but another forum that I frequent has a like and a reputation button. both are used a lot

do i spy a purple monster frag?

I am not sure. All I know is that it is a tabling acropora frag.

Time for Pics again, I hope you guys don't mind.

FTS

DSC_0470.JPG

FTS number 2 with Different Camera Settings

DSC_0480.JPG

FES

DSC_0475.JPG

Sunset Monti

DSC_0477.JPG

DSC_0497.JPG

New GSP frag

DSC_0485.JPG

New Milli Frag

DSC_0486.JPG

This Monti Frag is really starting to take off.

DSC_0489.JPG

The Glass/Grass shrimp

DSC_0503.JPG

I grabbed 3 corals today to replace a couple corals that I didn't feel met my color requirements for the tank.

Here are a couple pics for you.

The Purple Tip, and Green one right behind it are new.

20120505_143333.jpg

The pic isn't so great on this one, but it is a Tri-Color

20120505_143357.jpg

And of course the FTS

2012-05-05_17-40-14_HDR.jpg

The Corals that I did remove, I made sure and frag very tiny pieces from them and placed them in the tank.

All I need is 1 more SPS frag to replace one of my non colored frags and I will be done. Then I can just watch things grow.

although, I would love to have a clam in here. I doubt that will ever happen though

This was a difficult picture to process, but this is what my tank looks like under "Moon Lights"

20120506_002132.jpg

And my Sunset Monti

20120506_002150.jpg

brandon429

Its real dang nice man. I think I regret using sand in mine but since i'm testing longevity I won't take it down but in hindsight I hate the bed, poop store diaper.

Its real dang nice man. I think I regret using sand in mine but since i'm testing longevity I won't take it down but in hindsight I hate the bed, poop store diaper.

Sand looks great, but I don't feel it provides much more beyond appearance. With this tank I wanted to keep my flow high so that I can get the gunk filtered out, or pooled to a small area for removal.

At this point I think you have proved longevity Brandon.

gimptastic matt

My porcelain crab is pain in the arsr when im cleaning

he comes over and grabs the toothbrush

Pictures!!!

2 different FTS shots with different Camera Settings

DSC_0504.JPG

DSC_0519.JPG

Some Growth pics

Here is Monti Island from Day 1 (4/1/12)

DSC_0093.JPG

Shots of the Monti's from Yesterday 5/14/12

DSC_0508.JPG

DSC_0511.JPG

DSC_0512.JPG

DSC_0513.JPG

Lots of New Growth on GSP

DSC_0526.JPG

This Green guy is slowly becoming one of my favorites.

DSC_0510.JPG

And The glass shrimp

DSC_0525.JPG

I still feel like this tank needs something. It just does not feel complete yet. Not sure what it needs, but hopefully I can figure it out.

Jacob042426
I still feel like this tank needs something. It just does not feel complete yet. Not sure what it needs, but hopefully I can figure it out.

color on the front of the rocks. ;)

rics, mushrooms, cloves.....

color on the front of the rocks. ;)

rics, mushrooms, cloves.....

No Can do. Additions can only be SPS or GSP. Shrooms and zoas and stuff would mess with the theme.

More pics! I was messing around with the Aperature settings on the camera.

DSC_0587.JPG

DSC_0586.JPG

GSP is taking off

DSC_0583.JPG

Catching a meal

DSC_0575.JPG

Archived