Coral Vue Hydros

The Water Box

JamesHL88

So my light fixture is on back order and i cancled my order. However i was playing with the 48 inch aquatraders dual t5ho that used to light this tank when it was frashwater planted. I gutted it and retrofit it into my wooden canopy! There is plenty of room for a quad to get gutted and fit in there too, so i placed an order for one! Im gonna gut it and retro fit it beside the dual. I also ordered bulbs to replace the 6500k that is in the dual fixture. This is gonna be my bulb combo.

4 Blue moon leds

What do you guys think of this combo? Im shooting for a crisp blue/white color overall. Also does anyome have any light timer suggestions? I want a digital timer but they all have horrible reviews. The fixture that was backordered had one built in. So now i gotta figure something out for that.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the lights in today and the colour is awsome. Exactly what i was shooting for. Now im shopping around for timers. I really want a reefkeeper lite, but im havin a little credit card guilt, so i might just settle for some home depot timers for now. I pittled in the tank some but ill get new pictures up when everything is open again.

Also, on a whim, i purchased the aquatraders knockoff of the cpr hob fuge/skimmer. I plan on turning the fuge into a big bubble trap and maybe throwing some carbon and floss in it. It doesnt come in for a few more days though.

What about doing gu10's like tinygiant?

I considered it but i dont have any experience with leds, let alone diy leds. So i went with what im comfortable with. Plus i dont plan on keeping many super high light demanding corals.

My maroon frogspawn has been shriveled ever since i swapped tanks. The green one looks great. Does anyone know what could cause this beside flow and light? Because it is in medium flow and moderately high light. I think i am beginning to notice some tissue recession. Either way its ugly and not healthy and i dont know why.

tang?

Yes ?

recieved my refugium/skimmer today and was super excited to get it out and see that it looked like a great quality product, untill i noticed the big hole in the bottom piece ofacrylic :o "OH NO!" the piece that broke was in the box so i guess it happened in transit. Oh well :( . i contacted customer service and emailed them pictures, so i should have my replacement in a week or so. this is the fifth aquatraders product ive purchased and the first real problem ive had with any of them. hopefully customer service handles it properly. never had to deal with them before but ive read horror stories. sucks this thing looks cool.

2012-04-10141246.jpg

2012-04-10141224.jpg

its a hob refugium with built in skimmer. the stuff in the bubble wrap on the floor is the pump and plumbing. its a chinese knockoff of the cpr aquafuge

i dont plan on using it as a fuge though. im gonna add two more baffles to the bubble trap and keep chemipure in it

LINK

neat idea

thanks for link

I can get a more accurate picture in my head now, looks cool

The fuge replacement shipped today i hope this one makes it in one piece. I want to add a couple plexiglass baffles to beef up the bubble trap. Would silicone be enough to hold them in place, since there isnt going to be much pressure like the seems of a tank?

Archived