Top Shelf Aquatics

Need help deciding on LEDs

jedimasterben

jedimasterben
Its going to be very comparable. Im not sure if im going to disclose the contents of which chips we mixed together to get "Ocean Coral White" but its designed to add just a couple per foot of tank to get the colors to really come out in corals when using the standard RB:NW combos.

So for my tanks setup I'd need four of them. And if I can convince myself (read: my wife) to start a 24x18x18 tank, I'd need3-4 of them?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
So for my tanks setup I'd need four of them. And if I can convince myself (read: my wife) to start a 24x18x18 tank, I'd need3-4 of them?

4 of them for 24x18

Basically 4-6 for every 24x24 space. Very affordable.

jedimasterben
4 of them for 24x18

Basically 4-6 for every 24x24 space. Very affordable.

Especially if they are ~$8-9 per LED or less (puts them right in line with a single red, turquoise, and XT-E royal).

Quite amazing. Now if you could get some Luxeon Rebel ESes to sell. B)

EDIT: btw, what is the forward voltage and amperage of them? Standard 500-700ma, 2.3v for the red channel, 3.4v for the greenish channel, and 3.0v for the royal?

Its going to be very comparable. Im not sure if im going to disclose the contents of which chips we mixed together to get "Ocean Coral White" but its designed to add just a couple per foot of tank to get the colors to really come out in corals when using the standard RB:NW combos.

Milad, This sounds like you need to start a new thread about this. Sounds very interesting.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Milad, This sounds like you need to start a new thread about this. Sounds very interesting.

Well then people will find it!

Ill have a new thread once we get it up on the website with the specs/pictures. We are just working out some issues with the optic to make sure it blends the colors correctly.

The goal is a "Full spectrum" setup is going to have in a 24x24 space

10x 3UPs XTE RB/NW

4x Ocean Coral Whites

So you get all the pop, all the color, all the growth, no darkness, in just two types of stars, small footprint.

Then if you want you can go add some True Violets.

jedimasterben
700mA 9V. They are one LED.

Oh snap. I saw three tiny contact points and thought "Man, that's gonna be a monkey's uncle to solder!", but that makes much more sense!

You're the man!

Well then people will find it!

Ill have a new thread once we get it up on the website with the specs/pictures. We are just working out some issues with the optic to make sure it blends the colors correctly.

The goal is a "Full spectrum" setup is going to have in a 24x24 space

10x 3UPs XTE RB/NW

4x Ocean Coral Whites

So you get all the pop, all the color, all the growth, no darkness, in just two types of stars, small footprint.

Then if you want you can go add some True Violets.

If only violet could have been worked into that one, too. :P

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Oh snap. I saw three tiny contact points and thought "Man, that's gonna be a monkey's uncle to solder!", but that makes much more sense!

You're the man!

If only violet could have been worked into that one, too. :P

The issue with the violet was that it was going to drastically increase power needed and cost. You dont need that many of these and you need alot of violet. Thats why we have the high voltage violets coming in with these... wait did I say that out loud? This is what happens when you spend all day testing and all night on the forums. You spill the beans.

jedimasterben
The issue with the violet was that it was going to drastically increase power needed and cost. You dont need that many of these and you need alot of violet. Thats why we have the high voltage violets coming in with these... wait did I say that out loud? This is what happens when you spend all day testing and all night on the forums. You spill the beans.

Quoted so you can't take it back now. :D

You just made my night twice in a row now. Anything else you'd like to add? An ETA would be wonderful. :)

EDIT: Just want to make sure I can have the submarine money by then. :D

COME ON!!! I just got done ordering everything for my new unit :D and now you pull this crap :P

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
COME ON!!! I just got done ordering everything for my new unit :D and now you pull this crap :P

Hey we gota keep you guys on your toes, cant stay stale.

FYI im still not sure of the True Violet high voltage. The issue is it creates alot of heat in such a small space so we are just testing them right now and see if its going to be ok to build them.

The Ocean Coral White is looking good and they are both (OCW and TVHV) on a tank right and we are just running some tests. Making sure there is no oveheat issues. They make the tank look natural rather than washed out.

M@rine_lover

FYI im still not sure of the True Violet high voltage. The issue is it creates alot of heat in such a small space so we are just testing them right now and see if its going to be ok to build them.

The Ocean Coral White is looking good and they are both (OCW and TVHV) on a tank right and we are just running some tests. Making sure there is no oveheat issues. They make the tank look natural rather than washed out.

Mean less TVHV to use compare to TV?

Btw, my bullet is really so once your OCW and TVHV is up for pre-order on your web store, I will pull my trigger.... :lol::lol::lol: !

jedimasterben

What are the preliminary power numbers for it? Can't be too bad, right? What kind of area does it cover? Any possibility of getting elliptical lenses for them if they can cover more than the normal ~1sq ft (for people with, say, 55g tanks and others that are only 12" wide)?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Mean less TVHV to use compare to TV?

Yes less stars but cost might be close to the same

What are the preliminary power numbers for it? Can't be too bad, right? What kind of area does it cover? Any possibility of getting elliptical lenses for them if they can cover more than the normal ~1sq ft (for people with, say, 55g tanks and others that are only 12" wide)?

Power Numbers are equivalent to 2-4 of the current TVs. We can get elliptical lens

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Weekend coming soon...any update on new TVHV and OCW?

We ran into a glitch we are trying to tackle. we gota make sure we provide you guys with excellent products...

M@rine_lover
We ran into a glitch we are trying to tackle. we gota make sure we provide you guys with excellent products...

Everything go smooth?

Archived