Coral Vue Hydros

Markushka's DIY < 3g pico

Markushka

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey dude, I'm now curious as to why you design the tank like that if you aren't going to keep stuff on the ledge? Seems like you sure lost a whole bunch of real-estate only using half the tank for the display???

Am I missing something?

-dan

well the tank is far from done. I have a marco rock waiting to be cut to fit perfectly over the ledge and I still need to make a light fixture and use all 4 bulbs I have. I'm probably like 50% done with this tank. it needs a lot of work and I'm taking my time.

Good to hear, I'm excited again lol

Another observation is the ledge is quite shallow. What are your plans? Top down view? That would be pretty cool yo.

Dan

Good to hear, I'm excited again lol

Another observation is the ledge is quite shallow. What are your plans? Top down view? That would be pretty cool yo.

Dan

Yeah, bit shallower than I had hoped, but I'm still going to make it into a cove, reef shallows sort of thing.

I've also started thinking about lights: Hang on back fixture with each GU10 on its own gooseneck. I want some all blue GU10s now!

Also this tank will be moving to its new home in my apt sooner or later. That may depend on how often I'll be there and when I'll get an ato.

Yeah, bit shallower than I had hoped, but I'm still going to make it into a cove, reef shallows sort of thing.

I've also started thinking about lights: Hang on back fixture with each GU10 on its own gooseneck. I want some all blue GU10s now!

Also this tank will be moving to its new home in my apt sooner or later. That may depend on how often I'll be there and when I'll get an ato.

Yeah the ATo is the most important part imo.

• 1 month later...

I'm doing ok w/o an ATO for the moment. I'm going to be moving this tank to my apt this Sunday probably. should be fun...

Well the tank has been moved. not as smoothly as I had hoped. I lost a couple peices, my hammer, my candy canes are pissed, and my acan might be gone :'(. I also lost my blood shrimp RIP... Every thing else is pissed off, but doing ok. I'll see if I can get some pics when stuff starts opening up.

I'm thinking the cause might have been the new RO water. I hooked up my RO to my sink in my apt, and I'm thinking I need new filters. I didn't check the TDS, but it sure as hell pissed every thing off.

• 2 weeks later...

This tank is on hold now since the move. I'm going to move it to my desk once its clear and I think I want this tank to contain my clown pair and nem if it recovers.

• 2 months later...
This tank is on hold now since the move. I'm going to move it to my desk once its clear and I think I want this tank to contain my clown pair and nem if it recovers.

Do you have any tanks set up right now Mark? What are you up to?

Do you have any tanks set up right now Mark? What are you up to?

I just took this one down finally actually. I'm certainly going to set it up, but I can't handle two tanks right now, that said, I'm currently running my 20L, now rimless and bare bottom. same thread as before. I need to update with some pics tho.

• 1 year later...

Looks fantastic regardless. Why not make an acryllic sheet cover that slips over the sump? Like a U shape that was slightly bigger than the tank? Just a suggestion.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys!

Theres a blue dwarf gourami living in the top part, and for the sump, I'm actually planning a divider to split it in half lengthwise, with a display 'sump' filled with cherry shrimp and plants and all the equipment in back. Now just to get around to it....

Archived