ReefCleaners.org

Tank Help Please

Amy

Having a few minor issues with my current tank. It 2.5 gal with a small hob filter on it and I need to get more flow throughout the whole tank. I was wanting to know what would be the best way to do this?

My lights are the coralife pc 18 watt fixture. Is it okay to run 2 10,000k lights instead of the 1 10,000k and 1 actinic?

My corals are assorted zoas, candycane coral

The zoas are not happy I tested my water there is o nitrates, o ammonia, ph is 8.1 salinity is 1.026 could salinity be an issue for this?

I just removed an actinic blub that would have caught fire if I did not check it. New bulb and it was quite black when I took it out of the fixture it just crumbled and fell apar on the plastic end area. Not a happy camper.

I see that coralife makes the T5 in this same type of fixture but is a total of 12 watts instead of the 18 watts on the pc don't know if I want to invest in this T5 fixture or not.

C.I._Reefer

In all honesty the t5 fixture is probably better, but a small LED setup would be even better, and would be pretty cheap on a tank that small.

Also, you need to get a small powerhead like the hydor pico 180 or somthing of the sort

Having a few minor issues with my current tank. It 2.5 gal with a small hob filter on it and I need to get more flow throughout the whole tank. I was wanting to know what would be the best way to do this?

My lights are the coralife pc 18 watt fixture. Is it okay to run 2 10,000k lights instead of the 1 10,000k and 1 actinic?

My corals are assorted zoas, candycane coral

The zoas are not happy I tested my water there is o nitrates, o ammonia, ph is 8.1 salinity is 1.026 could salinity be an issue for this?

I just removed an actinic blub that would have caught fire if I did not check it. New bulb and it was quite black when I took it out of the fixture it just crumbled and fell apar on the plastic end area. Not a happy camper.

I see that coralife makes the T5 in this same type of fixture but is a total of 12 watts instead of the 18 watts on the pc don't know if I want to invest in this T5 fixture or not.

1.026 shouldn't be a problem.

If you have a 10,000K bulb, use it until you have decided what to do.

I have an Aquatic life mini with the T5s and whilst I think it should be ok for softies, I am not sure about stony corals.

you can get a bigger hob filter to increase flow, or a small power head.

full 10k will brown out your corals/they wont look as good, but they should grow faster with the 10k's than a blue light

Thanks for the replies. Muchly appreciated.

Will that hydor create a sandstorm in my little tank?

I will keep the two different bulbs then as i don't want browing to take place.

The only led light i can get here for this tank is the dymax robo light it does no have any blue its all just white so would this be a bad thing?

If you can take a look at it and let me know your thoughts about it that would be great. All i did was google dymax robo led clip on light.

I have found marineland led aquarium light 11"

42 white daylight led's

3 blue lunar led's

3 way switch so you can have just blue at night if you want

Any thoughts on this?

C.I._Reefer
I have found marineland led aquarium light 11"

42 white daylight led's

3 blue lunar led's

3 way switch so you can have just blue at night if you want

Any thoughts on this?

don't buy that. Its not bright enough for coral

• 2 weeks later...
None of those are available to me here where i live in Canada.

Any thoughts on the dymax robo light?

We actually do ship to Canada. We can actually ship to any country, although some arrangements would have to be made via email, but Canada is standard on our website, there is just a small additional charge for shipping.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Mike C.

Archived