Pod Your Reef

3G Pico+Full Spectrum Light!

boxboy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you. Are you entering the contest also?

i might. i have another build that i just started so i might be tied up with that one for a while.

well I completly runed that calking job lol. I will probable have to re do this tank again. freaking calking everywhere except where I actually wanted it lol is however its between the glass

To be clear, I mean you should run tape along every seam about 1/8" from the seams on the inside. I would tape on the outside and cover the seams to stop it from leaking through. Then you use your 100% silicone along the seams, and run your finger along each seam pushing it into the gaps. Then pull the tape that runs along the seams before it dries and you should have clean seams.

well I covered all the glass in tape. then cute tape where I wanted the seems. calked between yhe glass pans and sandwiched all glass together. then ran seems. smoothed it all out and pulled tape. Haha I made a mess. Im letting it dry till tomorrow. maybe. just maybe. It wont be as bad as I think it loooks lol

I just recieved a bunch of small corals and Phosban 150 reactor, Im excited.

Chaos zoa

Pulsing xena

Orange shrooms

Blue shrooms

Green shrooms

A few extra snails

Has anyone ever tryed using a phosban for a sump on a pico?

What should I put into the reactor? Carbon,gfo, bio pellets?

Alright Ive updated the tank shots. What do you all think of my DIY tank?

Here is some photos of some of the coral I may add into the pico. When allowed!

2012-03-11124830.jpg

2012-03-11124814.jpg

2012-03-11124803.jpg

2012-02-21174344.jpg

And mabye some of these..

2012-02-21174319.jpg

Well what do you think?

Thank you both for the nice comments.

My son and I should have this panted and have a rockscape done by Monday!

Ok today my son and I are painting the tank and overflow. then playing with the rocks..

Question about rocks. Ive had live rock that sat in cold water :( in a garage for about 3months now. I pulled them out today. gave them a proxided bath. just to be safe i guess. and rinsed with hot water. now there dryingout. do u think using the rocks will be enough to kick start my cycle? or the rocks are good as dead and I should treat them as such.

Your rocks are dead basically. You'll have a good old fashioned cycle unless you use one of the commercial starters on the market... I'm a fan of old fashioned patience though.

sweet looking tank, I say go for it on the phosban 150. you be an sps keeping god if it worked well lol.

Thanks dallas.

The phos ban reactor is soooo much taller than the tank lol

Maybe I can make a mini reactor? who knows.

By tomorrow I should have updated photos of the panted tank and over flow. and a test shot with lights.

I may have to use this a sps tank after all. I can get 3"frags of 20+ types of sps for only $10each.

Your rocks are dead basically. You'll have a good old fashioned cycle unless you use one of the commercial starters on the market... I'm a fan of old fashioned patience though.

Nice. I like a good cycle. April comes fast tho.

Archived