ReefCleaners.org

My Long Shallow Pico!

16bio

Great Scape and can't wait to see it stocked up.

The AIO design is awesome as well

Thanks JUST.REEF!

Update-

I just bought what is going to be only one of two inhabitants of this tanks! Don't worry he isn't going in until the 1st...He is not on my list either but I have been wanting one for a while.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE!

Nitrates are at 2.5, what ever that means I got it tested at the lfs...They didn't know how to test anomia -_-

Whaaaaaaaaat? Time for a new LFS! Every employee should know how to do the three basic water tests, were they new?

I think you should be buying some of the standard test kits.

Nitrate

nitrite

ammonia

ca

alk

You can't reef without them. Mind you the first 3 listed are only good for the beginning. Watching the cycle as it works through the denitrification stage. Afterwards, you'll most likely only need ca and alk test.

I wouldn't be going to a LFS that doesn't know how to do a simple ammonia test.

acropora1981
I think you should be buying some of the standard test kits.

Nitrate

nitrite

ammonia

ca

alk

You can't reef without them. Mind you the first 3 listed are only good for the beginning. Watching the cycle as it works through the denitrification stage. Afterwards, you'll most likely only need ca and alk test.

I wouldn't be going to a LFS that doesn't know how to do a simple ammonia test.

Are you the same deeznutz on aquariumpros.ca?

UPDATE!

Nitrates are at 2.5, what ever that means I got it tested at the lfs...They didn't know how to test anomia -_-

I don't know how to test anomia either. Ammonia though, that's easy.

I have test kits for my reef, but don't have anything to check the cycle ( don't have ammonia) I have had my tank going a while now. First of all they said sure its easy and free so I thought whats the risk? Then I asked to have them check Ammonia, Nirates and Nitrates. They said "oh I can't do those they are to hard! I can try nitrates, I guess" I don't think I will be heading back anytime soon...I will also be buying a couple more test kits, but not from them!

They said "oh I can't do those they are to hard! I can try nitrates, I guess"

Wooooooow! That's pretty ridiculous.

"I don't know how to test anomia either. Ammonia though, that's easy."

First one's easy as well, when you can't remember the simple names of things, like sofa, jacket, fork, you have anomia.

anomia |əˈnōmēə|

noun Medicine

a form of aphasia in which the patient is unable to recall the names of everyday objects.

I have test kits for my reef, but don't have anything to check the cycle ( don't have ammonia) I have had my tank going a while now. First of all they said sure its easy and free so I thought whats the risk? Then I asked to have them check Ammonia, Nirates and Nitrates. They said "oh I can't do those they are to hard! I can try nitrates, I guess" I don't think I will be heading back anytime soon...I will also be buying a couple more test kits, but not from them!

hmmm yeah, maybe it is time to shop elsewhere eh?!

acropora1981
First one's easy as well, when you can't remember the simple names of things, like sofa, jacket, fork, you have anomia.

anomia |əˈnōmēə|

noun Medicine

a form of aphasia in which the patient is unable to recall the names of everyday objects.

Lol

dallasprstn
my end of town live rock is about $8.00 dead rock $3.00

that stinks sooo much...i got all three pounds of the rock for my pico for $3.80ish this past weekend. i feel sorry for you guys. :mellow:

Archived