• Please log in to reply
1004 replies to this topic

dallasprstn

dallasprstn

teen reefer

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 18 Jan 2012

Can I enter if I bought someone elses tank that was entered? He never did anyting but put LR in FWIW.

no , sorry, the contest is closed!

BGJ223

BGJ223

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Joined 08 Aug 2011
  • Southern California

There are still nay-sayers. But GU10s are awesome, plain and simple. They work great for our application. Especially on small tanks. Its the only way to have an SPS capable pico for ~$30

It's not the only way. You can do a DIY led light on this size tank for under $30. The GU10 lights are nice and a pretty good price though.

Kazooie

Kazooie

Sing to me now, my angel of music

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
Or you can just get the light for free. ;)

If you were into the puberty phase, you'd be a ####ing neckbeard. Get out of here you ####ing tween #### ##### ass mother####er stupid ##### bastard ####er chicken leg pride rally supporter. Get out of here with your poverty opinions you ####ing ice cream sandwich stupid #### ##### alter ego reported for harassing me and I messaged the FBI and I left Obama a voicemail and wrote a postcard to your parents.
Enjoy not posting you giant neckbeard looooser.

Do you even logic?

thanks jen. i have him on ignore so i don't get sick whenever he's craving attention. kazooie, to be honest the world would be better off without you and your parents will actually be happy when they discover you lifeless in the bathtub with slit wrists. HTH

mtime8778

mtime8778

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • New Jersey

I'm gonna give these a try over my entry...I ordered 3(4x1w) blues and 4(3x1w) cool whites.
Hoping they'll be here today. I'm not sure I'll use all of them...will do some playing around to
find the right balance/amount of light.

Nice, let me know how the are once setup. Im running out of time and its either GU10's, or pay the money for a par38. I like the trupop bulb from ledtric, but just concerned its gonna b overkill for a small pico. Im intrested to hear ur feedback once setup.

Kazooie

Kazooie

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
My bulbs got here today, they really make the color's pop. Now I need to figure out how to hang them.

If you were into the puberty phase, you'd be a ####ing neckbeard. Get out of here you ####ing tween #### ##### ass mother####er stupid ##### bastard ####er chicken leg pride rally supporter. Get out of here with your poverty opinions you ####ing ice cream sandwich stupid #### ##### alter ego reported for harassing me and I messaged the FBI and I left Obama a voicemail and wrote a postcard to your parents.

Do you even logic?

thanks jen. i have him on ignore so i don't get sick whenever he's craving attention. kazooie, to be honest the world would be better off without you and your parents will actually be happy when they discover you lifeless in the bathtub with slit wrists. HTH

BGJ223

BGJ223

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Joined 08 Aug 2011
  • Southern California
I am done with equipment.
I changed my LED driver, went from 700ma to 350ma, and now I am set. I do have a DIY chiller idea in mind, but not sure I will have time to get it going.
The tank is pretty much fully stocked. I am keeping my eye for frags and shrimp that could go in the tank, but I think we are full. It is kinda sad actually, all the fun for me is in the design and setup. Now the tank is on auto pilot/grow out phase. I just have to fill my top off reservoir once a week and do water changes.

Jacob042426

Jacob042426

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2011
  • Miami
Hey Dallas, can you make the equiptment deadline June? I think a month is not enough time to decide if you have the right equiptment.

mtime8778

mtime8778

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • New Jersey

Hey Dallas, can you make the equiptment deadline June? I think a month is not enough time to decide if you have the right equiptment.

I was wondering the same thing. Im thinking of ordering some bulbs but dont know if theyll be here by the 1st cause they have to ship overseas. Ive been doin a lot of research to decide which i want since this is my first tank, and now the deadline is getting very close.

Jacob042426

Jacob042426

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • Joined 24 Dec 2011
  • Miami

I was wondering the same thing. Im thinking of ordering some bulbs but dont know if theyll be here by the 1st cause they have to ship overseas. Ive been doin a lot of research to decide which i want since this is my first tank, and now the deadline is getting very close.

i ordered my gu10's over a month ago and they havent come yet! now next week is my B.-M. and i wont be able to go to the lfs and then the next week is my brothers birthday party and i wont be able to go then either!

mtime8778

mtime8778

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • New Jersey

i ordered my gu10's over a month ago and they havent come yet! now next week is my B.-M. and i wont be able to go to the lfs and then the next week is my brothers birthday party and i wont be able to go then either!

Its taking that long! Why doesnt anyone else sell these bulbs? I still havent orderedmine because i cant make up my mind if i want a par38 or GU10's. Im leaning towards the latter because of price but thats a long time to wait.

MetaTank

MetaTank

Mmmmm....Cookies!!

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 27 Nov 2011
  • Somewhere between the Ocean and the Mountains of SoCal
You won't make the deadline if you order from China, and I'm pretty sure we aren't changing the deadline either. The rules have been clearly stated for over a month now, and most of the other entrants have thought ahead and anticipated shipping lag.

You can PM Dallas, and see if he will allow you to add equipment that is still in transit during the deadline, but I don't think he will extend the deadline. Sorry guys.

Always Tanking
>^..^<
Meta

Meta's DoubleVision Picotope Paradise

mtime8778

mtime8778

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • New Jersey

You won't make the deadline if you order from China, and I'm pretty sure we aren't changing the deadline either. The rules have been clearly stated for over a month now, and most of the other entrants have thought ahead and anticipated shipping lag.

You can PM Dallas, and see if he will allow you to add equipment that is still in transit during the deadline, but I don't think he will extend the deadline. Sorry guys.

I understand about the deadline, i just found out about the GU10's like a week ago and have doing research thats why i havent bought anything yet cause i didnt wana just throw money away. Ill pm dallas and see if i can order them tommorow, and if hell allow to still set them up if they arrive after the first. I knew the deadline was creepin up but like i said i wana make sure i make the right decision on lighting so im not waisting money being this is my first reef tank.

MetaTank

MetaTank

Mmmmm....Cookies!!

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 27 Nov 2011

I understand about the deadline, i just found out about the GU10's like a week ago and have doing research thats why i havent bought anything yet cause i didnt wana just throw money away. Ill pm dallas and see if i can order them tommorow, and if hell allow to still set them up if they arrive after the first. I knew the deadline was creepin up but like i said i wana make sure i make the right decision on lighting so im not waisting money being this is my first reef tank.

I ordered two 3x1w e27 bulbs with 2blue 1white each from china on march 31st, recived them today. It'll be tight, but he might allow it if it's within a day or two of the deadline.

Always Tanking
>^..^<
Meta

21093r53

21093r53

College Reefer

• Members
  • 2,138 posts
  • Joined 15 Jul 2011
  • Maryland
People will shut down their tanks before this contest has a final deadline Lolz
25 cube
250wt Radium 20k, 4 x 24w giesemann actinic+, 16 x 6wt 420nm leds
asm g1-x
50wt ebo heater
SP 3000 powered by JBJ ATO
Deltec GFO reactor
Deltec carbon reactor
Aquamedic triple reef doser
RKL, sl1, net

any questions?

Baltimore Area Reef Hobbyists

feedback can be seen here...http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=302303

mtime8778

mtime8778

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • New Jersey

I ordered two 3x1w e27 bulbs with 2blue 1white each from china on march 31st, recived them today. It'll be tight, but he might allow it if it's within a day or two of the deadline.

r u just using the fixtures everyones been using for the par38's. these sound easier then hanging the gu10's.

Newlinta

Newlinta

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 27 Oct 2011
  • Norristown,Pa

Nice, let me know how the are once setup. Im running out of time and its either GU10's, or pay the money for a par38. I like the trupop bulb from ledtric, but just concerned its gonna b overkill for a small pico. Im intrested to hear ur feedback once setup.

I added pics/info about my gu10 build in my contest thread...
See link in my sig(below)
Here's my tank thread...
http://www.nano-reef...0

MetaTank

MetaTank

Mmmmm....Cookies!!

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 27 Nov 2011

r u just using the fixtures everyones been using for the par38's. these sound easier then hanging the gu10's.

They fit into a standard US screw-in socket...e27 socket.

Always Tanking
>^..^<
Meta

mtime8778

mtime8778

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • New Jersey
thanks i placed my order i went w/ 2 e27 2b/1w, and 1 each of e27 royal blue, and cool white. this way i can have them and see which ones i wana use, and i figured it would be easier to use the screw in rather then messing around w wiring them to a cord. now im at the mercy of the shipping! thanks for everyones input.

MetaTank

MetaTank

Mmmmm....Cookies!!

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 27 Nov 2011

thanks i placed my order i went w/ 2 e27 2b/1w, and 1 each of e27 royal blue, and cool white. this way i can have them and see which ones i wana use, and i figured it would be easier to use the screw in rather then messing around w wiring them to a cord. now im at the mercy of the shipping! thanks for everyones input.

That is the exact combo I have for my new build...I had ordered the 3x1w RB a while back, and I was so pleased with it I went back on eBay and ordered two 2b/1w, and one 3x1w cool white, so now I have the same combination...lol...funny how that thought process went down.

On a side note, I also ordered a 4x1w RB a while back when I first ordered the 3x1w RB, and the heatsink SUCKS on the 4x1w bulbs...Lets out a TON of light leaking, while the 3x1w bulbs heatsink only has like 3 "pinpoints" of light leaking out

And for moonlight.....

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f16465d76

I'm using one of these for moonlight, with the optics removed it's perfect (super easy, just screws off)...Plus it has a remote control and a nice selection of colors...the blue makes my corals pop nicely.

Edited by MetaTank, 16 April 2012 - 06:42 PM.

Always Tanking
>^..^<
Meta

mtime8778

mtime8778

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • New Jersey

That is the exact combo I have for my new build...I had ordered the 3x1w RB a while back, and I was so pleased with it I went back on eBay and ordered two 2b/1w, and one 3x1w cool white, so now I have the same combination...lol...funny how that thought process went down.

On a side note, I also ordered a 4x1w RB a while back when I first ordered the 3x1w RB, and the heatsink SUCKS on the 4x1w bulbs...Lets out a TON of light leaking, while the 3x1w bulbs heatsink only has like 3 "pinpoints" of light leaking out

And for moonlight.....

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f16465d76

I'm using one of these for moonlight, with the optics removed it's perfect (super easy, just screws off)...Plus it has a remote control and a nice selection of colors...the blue makes my corals pop nicely.

thanks meta, im interested to see ur pics when u get them setup. ur tank looks good i wish i had as many frags as u im jealous.

iroll253

iroll253

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Joined 23 Mar 2009
  • Steilacoom, Washington
Leds almost done. One UV one Red and one White blew so waiting on replacements to fix the color string.

Posted Image

Kazooie

Kazooie

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
Discotank!

Do you even logic?

iroll253

iroll253

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Joined 23 Mar 2009
  • Steilacoom, Washington

Discotank!

Yess!! After some playing around covering bulbs with electrical tape ive made an order and decided to go a completely different route with the color string. I will be taking out all of the whites, since the uv/red/green together make somewhat of a daylight look.

I will be running 6 blue's 3 Uv Purple, 3 Green and 2 Red. If its not daylight looking enough ill ad two whites.

Edited by iroll253, 19 April 2012 - 02:31 AM.

iroll253

iroll253

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Joined 23 Mar 2009
  • Steilacoom, Washington
Posted Image
Posted Image

boxboy

boxboy

Nano Reefer