inTank Media Baskets

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

I mean yeah, that is correct. It just can't exceed 3 gallons in the DT and sump no matter WHAT you do.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also done cycling. :)

I can't wait, little swimmer is getting cramped in the 6" cube I put him in.

So what do people think about entering two tanks?

I have considered it. I was thinking of doing a Yin and Yang time thing. One tank super clean and hard corals, the other super dirty and soft corals.

But I doubt that is going to happen, too much work to setup another tank. Yes I am lazy

dallasprstn
I get the display vs sump ratio...

I'm more concerned about the size of the display tank.

Theoretically,I could use a 40 gallon display tank as long

as I only put 3 gallons of water in it??

Is this correct?

in all reality could use a 40 breeder and only fill it with three gallons, but that'd be a super shallow tank..

If this is your first reef tank and you just picked uo some zoas, what are you keeping them in until the 1st?

theyre still at the store i just bought them and their holding onto them for me

ReefersEdge
theyre still at the store i just bought them and their holding onto them for me

Ok cool. I just wanted to make sure they were not just sitting in a bag

MeanGreenEyes

I'm soooooooooo excited to get this party started...I have so many pieces of sps, lps and softies in my other tanks to frag from... B) I don't even have to buy any coral for this contest...it's great having everything already on hand and not having to spend extra $$ for the contest...

I get the display vs sump ratio...

I'm more concerned about the size of the display tank.

Theoretically,I could use a 40 gallon display tank as long

as I only put 3 gallons of water in it??

Is this correct?

Yes. The point was to let people mod on 10 gallon tanks by putting dividing walls for sumps and such. If you wanted to use a 40B it would be a very shallow tank like, <2" of water shallow lol.

I'm soooooooooo excited to get this party started...I have so many pieces of sps, lps and softies in my other tanks to frag from... B) I don't even have to buy any coral for this contest...it's great having everything already on hand and not having to spend extra $$ for the contest...

Same here. I already fragged quite a few things from my main tank. So far this build hasn't really cost me anything. The only real expense I am looking at is for an RKL.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Same here. I already fragged quite a few things from my main tank. So far this build hasn't really cost me anything. The only real expense I am looking at is for an RKL.

So, how do I entice you to purchase one from US? Free shipping to your house? ;)

So, how do I entice you to purchase one from US? Free shipping to your house? ;)

You mean how do you entice me to buy another one from you..... I am headed to the max expo this weekend in hopes I can win a raffle for one. If not then I plan to purchase from you

You mean how do you entice me to buy another one from you..... I am headed to the max expo this weekend in hopes I can win a raffle for one. If not then I plan to purchase from you

Haha, hope you're not going Saturday, cause thats the one I intend to win... fingerscrossed

Haha, hope you're not going Saturday, cause thats the one I intend to win... fingerscrossed

Good luck buddy. My name is all over that thing. Lol

I need to set my tank up!!!!!

What are you waiting for?

Good luck buddy. My name is all over that thing. Lol

So you ARE going on Saturday? Waybhe we should meet up before the raffle... :ninja:

You know, to compare notes........... ;)

I need to set my tank up!!!!!

Then set it up already!!!!!!!!!

So you ARE going on Saturday? Waybhe we should meet up before the raffle... :ninja:

You know, to compare notes........... ;)

Lol sure. We can keep an eye out for stuff that each other would need. But when I win the RKL, I won't know who you are. :)

I need rock and water!!

Dry rock and fresh mixed salt. If you were near me I would give you some rock I have laying around.

Lol sure. We can keep an eye out for stuff that each other would need. But when I win the RKL, I won't know who you are. :)

You're gonna be mighty sad when I walk away with that brand new Reef Keeper Lite, cause you're just pumping yourself up for disappointment... :P

You're gonna be mighty sad when I walk away with that brand new Reef Keeper Lite, cause you're just pumping yourself up for disappointment... :P

I smell a challenge, time to up my planned raffle budget. Lol. I will not be denied.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I got you covered, if you don't get it. I will honor the Free-Shipping to get it to your front door! Take pics of all the cool stuff at the Expo! ;)

MG

If you were near me I would give you some rock I have laying around.

Same here. I've got like 20 lbs of extra rock from various builds.

I smell a challenge, time to up my planned raffle budget. Lol. I will not be denied.

Haha, it's only gonna take one for me...Yup, one roll of tickets :bling: I figure if I drop 2 grand on tickets maybe I can win the $120 RKL

I got you covered, if you don't get it. I will honor the Free-Shipping to get it to your front door! Take pics of all the cool stuff at the Expo! ;)

MG

I am going to hold you to that Mike. Seeing that I was among your first transactions when you openned the business, feel free to toss in a few nano mags. Lol

I am charging the battery on the dslr now, plan to take tons of pics.

Same here. I've got like 20 lbs of extra rock from various builds.

Someone would be doing me a favor by taking the rock. Lol

Haha, it's only gonna take one for me...Yup, one roll of tickets :bling: I figure if I drop 2 grand on tickets maybe I can win the $120 RKL

That is not a bad return oon investment

That is not a bad return on investment

I take it you're not a poker player... ;)

To be honest, when I DO win the RKL, I might just list it in the FS thread and put the money towards an Apex Jr...for an extra 30 bucks it's got net capabilities already in the unit...I like the idea of being able to control it from my iPhone.

Archived