ReefCleaners.org

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

So what would I do if a light bulb burnt out and couldn't replace it with that kind? Would I replace it with the closest equivalent?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what would I do if a light bulb burnt out and couldn't replace it with that kind? Would I replace it with the closest equivalent?

I'd like to think so.

Or go LED and not worry.

Jacob042426
Yes, Dallas is correct, we need the other catagories to score the Best Overall Pico...

All three judges will be scoring for EVERY catagory. Every pico will be judged in each catagory, and given a score from 1-20 in each catagory. Then we will be collecting the judges score cards, and adding up each score from each catagory...The three judges compiled scores for each catagory will determine the winner in that catagory, with a possible perfect score of 60 points.

The best overall pico will be decided by adding up each picos individual catagory scores from all three judges (Aquascape score + Best Growth score + etc...), and the Pico with the highest overall score wins Best Overall Pico.

Make sense? I'll try to write something up to clarify the scoring a little bit more, but that should give you a general feel for how this contest will be judged as fairly as possible, since anonymous entries are sorta impossible...lol

Ooooooohhhhhh! I thought there was an individual winner for each catigory! Thanks!

dallasprstn

yeah that's fine! we just don't want anyone going from compact fluorescents to a PAR38 mid contest. :happy:

How about you talk to the mods and see if the top 5 (or so) over all can go head to head for the november totm

that's a great idea. or potm. I'll pm one of the mods about it!

yeah that's fine! we just don't want anyone going from compact fluorescents to a PAR38 mid contest. :happy:

Ok cool, was thinking about the stock lighting on the Deco kits.

But what if my CUC consisted of corals to filter the water and fish to eat algae? :P

dallasprstn
Ok cool, was thinking about the stock lighting on the Deco kits.

But what if my CUC consisted of corals to filter the water and fish to eat algae? :P

lol, those don't count.

Ooooooohhhhhh! I thought there was an individual winner for each catigory! Thanks!

There will be a winner for each individual catagory, think of the Best Overall Pico as the grand prize.

Wait, only the people who win a "sub" category are then eligible to win the best over-all?

Everyone is eligible to win best over-all. You do not need to win a sub-catagory to win best overall.

dallasprstn
Wait, only the people who win a "sub" category are then eligible to win the best over-all?

imagine this is a contestant....

best aquascape - 16

best growth - 14

most unique -15

you would have a total score of 45 points.

now lets say the person below is the winner of the best aquascape and these are his three scores...

best aquascape - 19

best growth - 9

most unique -12

he has a total of 40 points, and although he may have won the best aquascape, you have gotten an overall higher score than him, and that would make you the winner of the best overall pico.

Does this help? :happy:

best aquascape - 16

best growth - 14

most unique -15

now lets say the person below is the winner of the best aquascape and these are his three scores...

best aquascape - 19

best growth - 9

most unique -12

he has a total of 40 points, and although he may have won the best aquascape, you have gotten an overall higher score than him, and that would make you the winner of the best overall pico.

Thanks Dallas, I just drove back from Las Vegas this afternoon, so I'm still a little fuzzy... ;)

The only thing I should add is that we will be adding the three Judges "overall" scores together, and the Best Overall Pico will be judged out of a possible 180 points...So just like dallas said above, but we do that for every judges scorecard and compile the scores to see who won! :)

best aquascape - 16

best growth - 14

most unique -15

best aquascape - 19

best growth - 9

most unique -12

Ahh, that makes sense now. :)

Islandoftiki
Lets see, if I can get my calcium up to 600 or so, maybe I can get best growth. lol

Don't forget, I'm growing pests. I can abuse them and still get amazing growth. Muahahah!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Lets see, if I can get my calcium up to 600 or so, maybe I can get best growth. lol

LOL,

Are you looking for your tank to snow?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
New tank name. Pico Winter Wonderland

You are funny,

I have never seen it happen, but I have asked my LFS one time what happens when you overload with calcium, he told me, "It happened once, looked like it was snowing"..... LOL

You've been warned.... :P

MG

Archived