Top Shelf Aquatics

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to stay within the rules so I had already checked that part out.

The "tank" holds 12 fl oz. Red Sea Nano filter holds just shy of 8 fl oz.

I am excited to fill this thing. The scaping possibilities are almost endless! Or possibly limited to which direction I turn the rock...

Islandoftiki
The scaping possibilities are almost endless! Or possibly limited to which direction I turn the rock...

I want to see this thing with a deep sand bed!

And I guess I should ask, how many tangs are you planning to stock?

Uh oh...

B8314B32-1.jpg

I want to see this thing with a deep sand bed!

And I guess I should ask, how many tangs are you planning to stock?

Uh oh...

B8314B32-1.jpg

Only two or three. But they'll be babies, so they have a while before they grow out of it!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

I hope the competition is building with excitement and innovative ideas! I wanted to come to Dallas's thread and announce that I am an official sponsor for nano-reef.

I will be posting soon on the sponsor forum with new deals and support for all my pico fans! Can't wait to see your tanks to follow!

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

CEO / Founder

Micro-Reefs LLC

Mike...check the first page on this thread :)

There are also hyperlinks to all the tank builds there.

Thanks for sponsoring the contest! :happydance:

I decided I wasn't happy with my scape so I ordered some different LR. I emptied the tank and put in a sand bed and then refilled. Now I just wait for my rock! I'm glad we have some time because I'll have to cycle a second time now.

Jacob042426

I think you should take out the best aquascape and the beginner luck catagories and make them second and third overall best.

Okay, so now that the ruled have been fully clarified, I now submit my entry.

4uywyf.jpg

Thread will start shortly.

The evap on that will be enough to call it a water change when you top off every hour.

I can't wait to see what you try and put in it.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike...check the first page on this thread :)

There are also hyperlinks to all the tank builds there.

Thanks for sponsoring the contest! :happydance:

Excellent,

My old age is catching up to me these days. :D Thanks for steering me in the right direction, I will peep into the hyperlinks and view the picos!

Always happy to sponsor! Could not resist when I saw the title, "Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!" B)

shaneandjohn
Well, that's just brilliant.

If anybody is going to one-up that, they're going to have to find a hob filter small enough for a shot glass!

This just about made me piss my pants.. This is such an awesome Idea. I vote you win NOW!!!!

dallasprstn
I think you should take out the best aquascape and the beginner luck catagories and make them second and third overall best.

hey, I know what you mean, but those categories scores are added up and the highest compiled score wins the best overall pico. without those we couldnt decide on the overall best pico! i'm gonna release the judging panel and how judging is scored later this week and it'll make more sense then!

hey, I know what you mean, but those categories scores are added up and the highest compiled score wins the best overall pico. without those we couldnt decide on the overall best pico! i'm gonna release the judging panel and how judging is scored later this week and it'll make more sense then!

Yes, Dallas is correct, we need the other catagories to score the Best Overall Pico...

All three judges will be scoring for EVERY catagory. Every pico will be judged in each catagory, and given a score from 1-20 in each catagory. Then we will be collecting the judges score cards, and adding up each score from each catagory...The three judges compiled scores for each catagory will determine the winner in that catagory, with a possible perfect score of 60 points.

The best overall pico will be decided by adding up each picos individual catagory scores from all three judges (Aquascape score + Best Growth score + etc...), and the Pico with the highest overall score wins Best Overall Pico.

Make sense? I'll try to write something up to clarify the scoring a little bit more, but that should give you a general feel for how this contest will be judged as fairly as possible, since anonymous entries are sorta impossible...lol

Archived