Pod Your Reef

what do you guys think?

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

I have the licenses. The issue is, to export them you need to pay:

fish and wildlife inspection fee $186 per shipment now I think it went up in January

customs paperwork - filled out in person - 1 hour + $6

vet health certificate - $50 - $250

Shipping with a min. size - $200 and up

plus 10 hours of labor, 6 of it in driving back and forth from Miami and 4 in paperwork. That is really ideal time too.

That is on our side, your side has the same licenses and similar paperwork requirements for a timely release. We have tried twice, on both occasions the importer failed to do the paperwork on their side, and the package lingered for days before finally being released and delivered way, way later.

The good news is 80% of Canadians live within 100 miles of a US hold for pickup facility. Long drive, but much less time than all the paperwork involved. Make it a group buy and it may make sense to hop the border for a package. Going back through they are exempted from a bunch of hassles b/c they are personal pets, (and Canada doesn't regulate any species we carry). A lot of customers do that, and after a normal routine customs declaration they are back in Canada without trouble.

edit - my grammar and spelling are horrible, I am not sure how you have put up with it for this long. :)

Archived