Full Tank Shot April 1, 2012
After a year of lessons and mistakes with my 15g, I discovered what I really wanted (I think) out of the hobby and I decided to start anew. I wanted a smaller tank, a better filtration system, and a cleaner display area. I wanted a tank with built-in rear chambers so I can hide equipment without a sump and grow chaeto to maintain pH. PicO Aquariums seems to have some of the best options around for what I wanted. It's a gorgeous tank and Chris was incredibly responsive to my questions.
I took inspiration from Jake Adams' EcoReef One, so I'll be experimenting with almost complete water changes on an infrequent schedule. Bioload will be light and so will feedings. It's also bare-bottom for easier cleaning, which I'm a little sad about because I love sand-borne invertebrates.
Corals & Relatives
- Acan (Acanthastrea)
- Brain coral (Favia or Favites)
- Duncan coral (Duncanopsammia axifuga)
- Grape coral (Euphyllia)
- Hammer corals (Euphyllia parancora)
- Plate coral (Fungia)
- Wedge coral (Diaseris)
- Maxi-mini carpent anemone
- Mini carpent anemones
- Unknown tropical Corynactis
- Pacific cleaner shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
- Collonista snails
- Vermetid snails
- Mini Asterina (folium?) stars
- Little bristle stars
- Bristle worms
- Little sabellid featherduster worms
- Little serpulid featherduster worm
- Spionid worms
- Spirorbid worms
What's a fish?
- New Life Spectrum Crustacean pellets
- PE Mysis
- Tank: PicO Aquariums Manta Ray 15 w/ glass cover (15" x 15" x 9", about 6.5g display area, 8.75g total)
- Lighting: BoostLED PAR30 Reef Lamp Kit (2 royal blue, 1 blue, 1 cool white, 1 neutral white, 60° optics), AquaTop LED Clip-On moonlight, PicO Aquariums Refugium LED
- Filtration: Activated carbon, GFO, filter pad, Chaetomorpha, Marco Rocks
- Circulation: Hydor Pico Evolution 300 w/ Hydor Flo
- Heater: Eheim Jäger 50w (78-80°F)
- Controller: Apex Jr.
- ATO: AutoTopOff.com Nano double switch on a timer, AquaLifter
- Saltwater: E.S.V. B-Ionic Seawater System Salt Mix, BRS custom RO/DI unit, D-D Refractometer, Pinpoint Salinity Calibration Fluid
- Other Equipment: Surge protector, GFCI, grounding probe, Penn-Flax B11 emergency air pump, Nimble Nano cleaner, Fisher Scientific Digital Thermometer, AquaController Apex and aquaPlanner apps on my iPod Touch.
March 18, 2012
March 18, 2012
Edited by gerbilbox, 29 July 2012 - 05:38 PM.