SaltCritters.com

What kind of water do you use?

Christopher Marks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Distilled water right from the start.

+1

brand = Wissahickon. I called them to find out about their distilling apparatus, and it's entirely glass and stainless steel, no copper anywhere. FYI.

rarejul

Today, 12:19 PM Post #54

Member No.: 5,167

wow. talk about being frugal with one's posts! :lol: i think the only one to beat that is juin's (class of '01) recent foray into NR this year.

Left Coast DJ

My LFS has Catalina seawater for $0.55/gallon and their own synthetic saltwater for $0.95/gallon. Think I'll probably go with Catalina just mix in some calciums and trace.

DJ

• 4 months later...
I use distilled from Walmart. It is $0.36 a gallon jug here. I have used it for over a year now, why does everybody say you can't or shouldn't use it in large aquariums? I want to know that for future projects.

thats the majority of what i use on my 75...no problems, have also used water from my tap, but i am on a well and tested it prior to using it

• 4 weeks later...

Filtered Ocean water from my LFs. Not the cheapest way to do it. It costs basicly $2 a gallon. But hey whats better than real sea water? I top off with the Wal-Fart stuff. Gives me a reason to go in that crap store anyway.

I buy 4 gallons a week(with 1 gallon free to fill a 5 gallon bucket), so $32 a month on water(unless I need a huge water change then a tad bit more). But to me so worth it. Don't have to mix anything, ph is right where it should be ect ect ect.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived