ReefCleaners.org

1 LED 20W CW+RB

acabgd

Yes, but it's far from enough. This high power LED is drawing over 2 amps, and the driver he suggested goes to 980mA, meaning 0.98A. It's not powerful enough.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only problem I've had were the drivers, or rather the LED actually. It draws over 2 amps of power (measured up to 2.05A) and the drivers I've bought go only to 1.67A, and were not powerful enough. I therefore had to improvise and connect 2 drivers inline in order to get enough power. The drawback is that one driver gets very hot as it runs at almost maximum power all the time, so I will have to find another solution with a stronger driver.

you connected the drivers in series? if so, pull one out, you're unnecessarily loading one of those drivers. as long as the drivers you have can only supply 1.67A, you wont get anywhere by daisy chaining them that way.

I can't pull one out... If I connect only one the LED doesn't work. Or actually it does for like 10 seconds, then start flickering as the overload protection from the driver kicks in. They are also not in series but rather parallel.

• 2 weeks later...
This is what i used on my build. its a nice little supply cheap.Plus you can get different variations with current up to 6 amps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-3A-3-0A-Swi...=item58909b4755

Thansk for the heads up.

Here are also some photos of the growth with this led. First photos were taken on March 15, the second ones on April 1. Might not seem like much, but it's only 2 weeks and I also had a couple of days without lights due to cyano (my tank was less than 2 months old). However, I am impressed with my Acan Lord which is growing 2 new heads!

post-71436-1333472812_thumb.jpg

post-71436-1333472892_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived