SaltCritters.com

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pictures like that keep me excited. God i can't wait to have some beautiful colonies in my tank!

Thanks Alex, some of the colonies took two+ years to get to the stage they are at.

Pictures like that fts make me think i need to add 3 or 4 pumps LOL

Jon, I have 4 pumps in the tank as of now, 3 Tunze, and one Korilia, I need them because of the layout of my tank ATM, corals getting too big and it's hard to get water flowing in the tank, huge draw back and PITA. Bad design on my part with the scape originally. I will cut some corals back if it gets any worse, no room for a 5th pump, LOL.

jedimasterben

Jon, I have 4 pumps in the tank as of now, 3 Tunze, and one Korilia, I need them because of the layout of my tank ATM, corals getting too big and it's hard to get water flowing in the tank, huge draw back and PITA. Bad design on my part with the scape originally. I will cut some corals back if it gets any worse, no room for a 5th pump, LOL.

Can't get some gyre flow rockin in there?

looks great chicka!! love this tank so much...I wish I could keep SPS like that :(

Thanks Maria :)

Can't get some gyre flow rockin in there?

I do have some, right now the flow is adequate, just can't get my hand in the tank with all the pumps and coral.

I know... UPGRADE TIME :D

have you thought about some WP10's? they are awesome little pumps and have great flow.

Thanks Maria, I have good flow now. One of the issues is the proximity of corals to the pumps, too strong a flow and corals get blasted. This is why 4 pumps, fairly low flow are needed. In a more open aquascape only two good pumps would be required, but with my aquascape there are too many dead spots causing issues. Again, bad design on my part :(

Have you seen the Maxspect Riptide? Might the solution to your flow woes :)

Yes I have, expect it would help. Don't expect to see it in Canada for a few months though. Canada is always late to the party :)

jedimasterben

Yes I have, expect it would help. Don't expect to see it in Canada for a few months though. Canada is always late to the party :)

If you're really interested in one, I can buy one for you here and ship it to you :)

If you're really interested in one, I can buy one for you here and ship it to you :)

Very kind Ben, I will think about it. :wub:

good guy ben.

:happy:

Yes he is :)

Gorgeous tank as always. Some of my SPS are struggling at the moment, almost no PE and they are losing colour. Must get to the bottom of this.

Gorgeous tank as always. Some of my SPS are struggling at the moment, almost no PE and they are losing colour. Must get to the bottom of this.

Thanks Jesse,

Are you running GFO or BP's? If so reduce amount by 50% and start feeding. From my experience the next stage you will encounter will be STN if allowed to continue. If you like, PM me with all your params and tank information, I try to help :)

Thanks Jesse,

Are you running GFO or BP's? If so reduce amount by 50% and start feeding. From my experience the next stage you will encounter will be STN if allowed to continue. If you like, PM me with all your params and tank information, I try to help :)

Yeah using GFO and carbon in reactors. Last time I changed the GFO out (2 weeks ago roughly) I added a little more GFO than usual, noticed things immediately after that. I have turned the reactors off for now (been down for 3-4 days now) and haven't noticed things getting worse. I'll try feeding more, I have some liquid corals foods I can dose and see how things go. I'll test my params after work tomorrow (past midnight here now) and if anything is out of the norm I'll shoot you a PM :).

Yeah using GFO and carbon in reactors. Last time I changed the GFO out (2 weeks ago roughly) I added a little more GFO than usual, noticed things immediately after that. I have turned the reactors off for now (been down for 3-4 days now) and haven't noticed things getting worse. I'll try feeding more, I have some liquid corals foods I can dose and see how things go. I'll test my params after work tomorrow (past midnight here now) and if anything is out of the norm I'll shoot you a PM :).

I would just reduce amount of media in the reactor by 50-75% rather than turn it off completely, then feed. I would watch your alkalinity at this point as well, if you are auto dosing, it will likely rise a little with the removal of the GFO. I would test daily for ALK for the next week. You stand the chance of Alk and PO4 swings that could stress corals, this is why I suggest reducing the media over complete sudden removal.

ALexpsycho

I see many many tunzes there :(

The tank is amazing beautiful and it gets even better every time you post new photos...

I see many many tunzes there :(

The tank is amazing beautiful and it gets even better every time you post new photos...

Thanks Alex :)

Yes 3 Tunzes and 1 Koralia nano, flow is good now but I wish I could use the space they take up for coral :D

Thanks for stopping by !

Archived