Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck, the 'regular' Red Sea salt is hard to find everywhere. I haven't found anyone around here that has even heard of it (they only know of the Coral Pro salt). Bulk Reef Supply carries it, but they also want $50 to ship it, so that is kind of a deal breaker lol.

Ya, maybe look for a LFS that carries ReaSea and have them special order it from RedSea. Mine was willing to do it and I got it in a week!

So glad you switched Christine...I know your going to be really happy with the results.

Thanks Eugene, I tested the salt yesterday, got 8.4 dKH and Ca 440ppm. Mixed the bucket well, results are a little higher than I expected but still better than the DD H2Ocean Pro. What are you getting ?

Merry Christmas Ms. Christine. :wub:

:wub:

Gave myself a Christmas present today :)

11570252243_9667dafb92_b.jpg

Thanks Eugene, I tested the salt yesterday, got 8.4 dKH and Ca 440ppm. Mixed the bucket well, results are a little higher than I expected but still better than the DD H2Ocean Pro. What are you getting ?

I actually use Oceanic salt.

I actually use Oceanic salt.

Oh, have you used the RedSea blue bucket?

Can we get an updated FTS soon? :)

I will work on one soon for you, been so busy this week.

Very healthy SPS, what dosing method are you using for Alk and Cal?

Great job on the tank.

Thank you :)

I am dosing Brightwell Alkalin-P and Calcion-P mixed with RO as directed and dosed through GHL Profilux stand alone. been doing this for 2.5 years on this tank and it has worked out pretty well, I do at least 20 gallons WC a month through to keep Na in check.

Not fond of the maricultured pieces but I got a deal in this Acropora suharsonoi so I picked it up.

11596766004_7b2888b78b_c.jpg
Also got a 2" frag of Tyree Pink Jade Acropora, also a deal. Pic was taken a couple of weeks ago, it's slowly starting to colour up.
11596456875_4aeaf7010f_c.jpg
Tank is a mess right now, frags everywhere, hope to get it cleaned up soon and get a new FTS.

very pretty. :) blue and green are they only colors i can seem to get vibrant... lol

the problem is my bulbs i think...

Thanks :) Took me a year to get this coral to colour up the way I wanted it too. I would say lighting had a big effect on the colour and of course Zeo.

Man it looks awesome in there! I'm jelly!

Thank you, I did some chopping and re-gluing, things were getting wildly out of control. Still have a few changes to make, all on the left side.

Is your tank drilled?

Yes, I drilled it then decided to go with a CPR Overflow as the tank was only supposed to be up for a few months. 2 ½ years later it's still going...LOL.

Looks very good, how you like the ati vs LEDs ?

Thanks :) I have to say it was a good decision to go T5 with this reef. There were so many shadows from the LED, now things are a lot softer and the corals love it. I still like LED's just not for SPS corals.

Looking good Christine! How do you like your new reactor? I liked it alright when I used it.

Haven't hooked it up yet, upgrading my sump now, the reactor takes up too much space, LOL.

Positive thing is I will be increasing my net water volume to about 30 gallons which should help a little with stability. I will let you know how I like it once I get it set up :)

This is looking very nice!!!!

Thanks Rich, I have been following your tanks for a while now, very impressed !

How is your tank doing?

Thanks Christine. My tank is doing well but it's in early stages. I keep it clean, stable, brightly lit, and hope for the best :)

I lose track of your thread sometimes because they're so many pages but I stop and read when I see pretty pics ;) Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

D-Link Wireless bridge has died, lasted a whole year :furious: WTF.

This is how I connect to the APEX.

Never had any luck with D-Link products, I think I will try another brand today, have to get it hooked up as I am out of town for the weekend. Stresssssssss. :rant:

Thanks Christine. My tank is doing well but it's in early stages. I keep it clean, stable, brightly lit, and hope for the best :)

I lose track of your thread sometimes because they're so many pages but I stop and read when I see pretty pics ;) Keep it up!

Thanks for following PodPimp :)

You should totally take a hammer to it, that will fix it right up! :)

Yes, I think I will drive over it with my car.

It died 2 weeks after warrantee ended, as usual. I think they have timers in these things, set to make them die after one year. Man I hope I can find something locally here today that isn't a D-Link.

New FTS looks awesome! Great angle. Growth is incredible!

Thanks Mr.M, growth is good on some corals and so-so on others. I care only they don't die, growth is really a bonus for me. :)

I bet youll love the Vertex.

The build quality is awesome.

Thanx, I haven't hooked it up yet, having a sump made, my current one is too small for it , haha.

Glad you like the ZEOvit, I am pretty happy with it for the last 13 months, if done right it makes for a stable and healthy system that just happens to also create some good colours. I have quite a bit of the Vertex products, only issue I have had with them is leaky dosing Vessels, all 4 :(

Crossing my fingers this thing doesn't leak, but come to think of it, it's in the sump so I may never know.

Archived