inTank Media Baskets

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

SquishyFishy

3 years! I vow that my next tank WILL stay setup for 3 years. I'm not gonna keep upgrading and changing and what not. You've inspired me to just let it happen. I'm gonna make sure I plan it all out so I have what I want and then let it mature.

You're tank and your awesome helpful personality have inspired me (and probably many others) and thank you just does not say it well enough.

Thank you for everything, and congrats on the 3 year mark!

I will second that notion!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, from Russia, Moscow!

Your tank is stunning!

I'd like to do something similar. I have mostly the same equipment (full apex, vortech mp10, vega color, mame overflow, deltec sc1350 skimmer, deltec fr509 filter with biopellets, 10*5cm insump refugium, and Ada 80L (60*30*45cm) tank with smaller Ada tank (45*27*30) as sump.

Your system looks so compact and clear. I can not put in a cabinet at once the sump and all electronic components including power outlets, controller module, pump control module and other equipment. Now i have all of the equipment installed in the cabinet, and the sump separately side by side on the floor. it looks like a laboratory and my wife dont like it much. Do you have more detailed drawings or sketches of your cabinet? if you could tell me the details, maybe I could use some of your ideas and order similar cabinet for all equipment and sump together. Thank you in advance)

These brittle stars are at it again... tank is cloudy with sperms , LOL.

14595981527_12ed0e51f8_c.jpg

This is so awesome. Your tank is crawling with Brittle Stars.

Hi, from Russia, Moscow! Your tank is stunning! I'd like to do something similar. I have mostly the same equipment (full apex, vortech mp10, vega color, mame overflow, deltec sc1350 skimmer, deltec fr509 filter with biopellets, 10*5cm insump refugium, and Ada 80L (60*30*45cm) tank with smaller Ada tank (45*27*30) as sump. Your system looks so compact and clear. I can not put in a cabinet at once the sump and all electronic components including power outlets, controller module, pump control module and other equipment. Now i have all of the equipment installed in the cabinet, and the sump separately side by side on the floor. it looks like a laboratory and my wife dont like it much. Do you have more detailed drawings or sketches of your cabinet? if you could tell me the details, maybe I could use some of your ideas and order similar cabinet for all equipment and sump together. Thank you in advance)

Hi,

Thank you for your kind complements, and thanks for checking out my reef.

Sorry I didn't make drawings, I did take some progress photo's (not the best) here they are, hope it helps.

The cabinet was a dresser before so first I had to remove all the drawers etc. Then I added two platforms, one to separate the sump and electronics area, the other to support the sump.

14804421296_cf5717530e_z.jpg

14640727900_4cff2375cf_z.jpg

14640823158_9197592269_z.jpg

Sump:

14718642656_766e0ea2aa_z.jpg

14739292864_f48e3e46a0_z.jpg

This is so awesome. Your tank is crawling with Brittle Stars.

LOL, yes they are out of control, when I feed mysis shrimp they all extend their arms and catch much of it. I now have to feed small amounts at a time so the fish gets to it first. When they spawn they all come out and release gametes, tank goes milky, freaks me out every time :)

I bet the coral are loving all the good food lol. I didn't even know you had that many brittles in the tank,that's awesome.

I bet the coral are loving all the good food lol. I didn't even know you had that many brittles in the tank,that's awesome.

Problem is that I get a nutrient spike from it. These things are just reproducing like crazy in the tank. Must be a 1000 or more. Like I mentioned, I am trying to feed slowly so the fish get the food before the bristles do. They don't cause any problems at all other than the occasional spawning.

ZEOspur2 Update

After the second dose of ZEOspur2 I am seeing some nice results.

ORA Red Planet

14837323005_6bd773ec6b_c.jpg

Oregon Tort

14836967712_17e16c1373_c.jpg

Unknown Acropora (only 2 days in the tank) Not sure what it is yet, colours are changing, anyone guesses?

14837328495_75df0165c9_c.jpg

Wow,all 3 pieces look absolutely !!! But the last one,sheesh. So ridiculous !!

Im calling it Acropora rediculosa, LOL

I recently got a piece that looks very similar to that last one. Was told it is an ORA frogskin and as it grows the base will get deep green with the bright yellow/greenish tips

I recently got a piece that looks very similar to that last one. Was told it is an ORA frogskin and as it grows the base will get deep green with the bright yellow/greenish tips

Thanks, Could be, there are areas looking pretty green on it now, I suspect it will change colours slightly as it adjusts to the ZEOvit. Had a look at the ORA one, definitely resembles it. ORA corals are not that popular up here in Canada but it still could be :)

What's the story behind the sump baffle design? Sorry if I missed it.

No story really, just someone was requesting some pics of my set up. :)

Looks aweeeeesome.

Thanks Aj, tank is plugging along through summer.

i feel like 80% of my comments in this thread follow the same premise:

wow this is awesome.

wow this is inspirational.

i wish i was more creative. :D

i can't wait for my little mille frag to look like that!

LOL, thanks Roger, your mille will grow into a beautiful colony big enough for a school of Chromis to live inside :)

• 2 weeks later...

August 5

14837328495_75df0165c9_c.jpg

August 21 (pulled the light up a bit, starting to bleach but some better colour)

14805419618_cd27d38c5d_c.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake starting to have some upward growth, the ZEOspur has really lightened it up as well).

14805454407_f3eb3f9bc2_c.jpg

14991682612_75cc282ee0_c.jpg

Montipora Digitata has been fragged at least a dozen times now.

14805424698_63bdec048c_c.jpg

Acropora Gomezi, can never capture the true colour of this coral, has light blue tips and polyps that almost glow.

14988943181_9ce1210664_c.jpg

Acropora turaki, is now outgrowing it's frag plug, have to make a decision on this guy, mount or sell.

14969044306_635edfef9b_c.jpg

Almost time to start fragging this millepora, it's heading fast for the digitata.

14988950941_e84241b73a_c.jpg

This Monti is in both my tanks, this picture is from my 7 gallon, actually looks better in there. Thought the blue polyps on purple looks kinda unique. I have made a few frags of this because it's high up in the tank and starting to block light for the corals below. (Eagle Eyes in the background).

14805316729_58496abd11_c.jpg

That SSC looks amazing!

Amazing as usual

Thanks guys, still working on colour, dosed ZEOspur again today, seems to be helping rid the suborn Acro's of any brown zooxanthelle, but it's a slow process.

Archived