inTank Media Baskets

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on the three year anniversary! What an accomplishment - such a stunning display!! WOW.

You are awesome. I cannot wait for the 3 year mark on my system. Less is more and you nailed it. Inspiration for all of us.

- A.

Nice!

Happy three years, that's awesome. Tank looks incredible as per usual. :)

Thank you all, hard to believe 3 years has gone by, I wanted to take it down many times but just never could bring myself to do it.

Thanks for all your kind comments :)

Platinum cured silicone tubing, for use with my dosing pumps, mainly for the ZEOstart3 (carbon dosing). :ninja:

14542350999_bf68c5a5ee_c.jpg

For additional flexibility when selecting silicone tubing, we now offer two types of silicone tubing, platimum and peroxide vulcanized (cured). Both silicone types are FDA and USP Class VI approved and they have similar physical properties such as temperature ratings and chemical compatibility. The major differences are the platinum-cured tubing has fewer potential leachables and is preferred in biological applications. The peroxide-cured tubing has a longer service life.

3 years, congrats!

I also noticed you are the featured Reef over at Zeovit.com What an honour! :wub: A very well deserved honour ;)

3 years, congrats!

I also noticed you are the featured Reef over at Zeovit.com What an honour! :wub: A very well deserved honour ;)

Thanks Jordon :)

Came as quite a surprise to me, very honoured :closedeyes:

Congrats on the 3 year mark! Tank looks really nice.

Thanks Nano, really appreciate it. 3 years.. it's hard to believe but good things come to those who wait, I have never been more happy with this tank than now, and it just keeps getting better.

Woah Zeo TOTM! Ballin.

Thanks Aj :)

LOL, don't know if I am ballin' but I am honoured :lol:

:happydance:

Here's the link peoples, if you want to have a look... http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31620

Platinum cured silicone tubing, for use with my dosing pumps, mainly for the ZEOstart3 (carbon dosing). :ninja:

14542350999_bf68c5a5ee_c.jpg

For additional flexibility when selecting silicone tubing, we now offer two types of silicone tubing, platimum and peroxide vulcanized (cured). Both silicone types are FDA and USP Class VI approved and they have similar physical properties such as temperature ratings and chemical compatibility. The major differences are the platinum-cured tubing has fewer potential leachables and is preferred in biological applications. The peroxide-cured tubing has a longer service life.

Nice, but peroxide based curing uses such low loading to achieve a high cross-linked density I bet its negligible.

Man, that's one beautiful tank! definitely one of the best and clean build out there.

Thanks, glad you like it :)

Nice, but peroxide based curing uses such low loading to achieve a high cross-linked density I bet its negligible.

Even so, it's roughly the same price as peroxide cured silicone so why not :)

I bought it mainly for the ZEOstart3 line, because the lines are long and I dose very little, the SZ3 sits in the line for weeks, just want things to be as clean as possible there. Not so worried about the other lines but I will probably change them out as well but I'm going to have to order some more to do the other 3 lines. I might just order peroxide silicone from ebay, a little cheaper if you shop around. I like the fact that silicone tends not to kink as easy and can be sterilized if needed. Air line hose really sucks for dosing pumps.

Thanks, glad you like it :)

Even so, it's roughly the same price as peroxide cured silicone so why not :)

I bought it mainly for the ZEOstart3 line, because the lines are long and I dose very little, the SZ3 sits in the line for weeks, just want things to be as clean as possible there. Not so worried about the other lines but I will probably change them out as well but I'm going to have to order some more to do the other 3 lines. I might just order peroxide silicone from ebay, a little cheaper if you shop around. I like the fact that silicone tends not to kink as easy and can be sterilized if needed. Air line hose really sucks for dosing pumps.

I agree, plus I believe Pt has a minor antimicrobial property, but im not 100% sure. (Polymer chemist not Biochemist)

Just saw your pics, wow, how do you keep your back wall so clean?

I agree, plus I believe Pt has a minor antimicrobial property, but im not 100% sure. (Polymer chemist not Biochemist)

Just saw your pics, wow, how do you keep your back wall so clean?

Good to know, thanks.

Scraper, don't tell anyone :ninja:

:lol:

Christine

Looking at pictures of your tank makes me want to give up...lol...there is no real way to describe it. The tank is just perfect. I'm trying to keep my head up, but I came home today to 2 frags looking very bad out of nowhere. Perfect when I left, loosing tissue when I got home. My tank is really challenging me right now. I have frags that literally show growth overnight. I have frags that have encrusted full plugs/taken off in weeks and colored up beautifully. On the other hand I have some that are not looking great.

I really enjoy seeing your tank! All the updates lately have been wonderful.

Nano sapiens

Thanks Nano, really appreciate it. 3 years.. it's hard to believe but good things come to those who wait, I have never been more happy with this tank than now, and it just keeps getting better.

:happydance:

When the vision becomes a reality...that's a wonderful thing!

What makes this hobby so interesting is that no matter how nice the tank is there's always something to tinker with and hopefully improve upon. Although in this case I don't think there's anything that could be improved :)

TheKleinReef

3 years! I vow that my next tank WILL stay setup for 3 years. I'm not gonna keep upgrading and changing and what not. You've inspired me to just let it happen. I'm gonna make sure I plan it all out so I have what I want and then let it mature.

You're tank and your awesome helpful personality have inspired me (and probably many others) and thank you just does not say it well enough.

Thank you for everything, and congrats on the 3 year mark!

Christine

Looking at pictures of your tank makes me want to give up...lol...there is no real way to describe it. The tank is just perfect. I'm trying to keep my head up, but I came home today to 2 frags looking very bad out of nowhere. Perfect when I left, loosing tissue when I got home. My tank is really challenging me right now. I have frags that literally show growth overnight. I have frags that have encrusted full plugs/taken off in weeks and colored up beautifully. On the other hand I have some that are not looking great.

I really enjoy seeing your tank! All the updates lately have been wonderful.

Alex, your words are so kind but I feel bad for you. Let me know if I can help, there is nothing worse than loosing corals, it's not the money it cost, it makes you feel like you failed. Been there :grouphug:

When the vision becomes a reality...that's a wonderful thing!

What makes this hobby so interesting is that no matter how nice the tank is there's always something to tinker with and hopefully improve upon. Although in this case I don't think there's anything that could be improved :)

Your words are true, and there are many things in my tank that could be better, trust me. :)

3 years! I vow that my next tank WILL stay setup for 3 years. I'm not gonna keep upgrading and changing and what not. You've inspired me to just let it happen. I'm gonna make sure I plan it all out so I have what I want and then let it mature.

You're tank and your awesome helpful personality have inspired me (and probably many others) and thank you just does not say it well enough.

Thank you for everything, and congrats on the 3 year mark!

Awe, thanks Roger. You have it right, plan, plan, then re-plan, then build. I never planned this tank out very will originally, I was not planning to keep it up for long so I never put much thought into it. I never planned on making this a Zeovit tank either. Once it was up things changed and I kept the tank running, only wishing I had designed things differently. I have managed to change some things like the equipment area but I am stuck with the crappy CPR overflow and many other things. Just how it went at the time.

There is something quite rewarding when you have a tank up for a long time, it goes through phases and changes, you find things you never knew were in there. Things mature and grow overtop of other things, sometimes killing them in competition for space. This is much like the natural reef and I have preferred to just let most things happen as they do in my reef. After a while it takes on a life of it's own.

What an amazing tank, Christine!

Everything looks amazingly healthy. Love it!

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it :)

Platinum cured tubing, that's different. Might see if I can secure some, one of my Aunties is a head scientist in a lab so I'll see what she can get :).

Nano sapiens

There is something quite rewarding when you have a tank up for a long time, it goes through phases and changes, you find things you never knew were in there. Things mature and grow overtop of other things, sometimes killing them in competition for space. This is much like the natural reef and I have preferred to just let most things happen as they do in my reef. After a while it takes on a life of it's own.

I used to interfere a lot more in these coral battles, but like you I now let the corals work it out for themselves. Where I have to step in for sure is when Zoas start to overgrow SPS.

Even though it's often in slow motion, the coral interactions in a mature tank are indeed fascinating. Usually I can predict the outcome from an impeding confrontation, but every once in a while something unexpected happens.

Platinum cured tubing, that's different. Might see if I can secure some, one of my Aunties is a head scientist in a lab so I'll see what she can get :).

Best used for biological applications, really not necessary for dosing elements, peroxide cured works just fine.

I used to interfere a lot more in these coral battles, but like you I now let the corals work it out for themselves. Where I have to step in for sure is when Zoas start to overgrow SPS.

Even though it's often in slow motion, the coral interactions in a mature tank are indeed fascinating. Usually I can predict the outcome from an impeding confrontation, but every once in a while something unexpected happens.

I agree, in most cases I can't really do much about it even if I wanted to, the labyrinth of coral I have created in my tank means I would have to do considerable damage to fix all the interactions.

I did a specialty dive course back in 2004, I was given a 2 square foot spot of sand to sit on in front of a reef formation off the coast of Dominica. I had to sit there, in roughly 30 FSW and observe the rock in front of me until I was low on air. Sounds ridiculous but the longer I sat there the more I saw on that rock, in fact, I never saw rock at all. All I saw was a multitude of organisms that had obviously competed for as much space as they could get on the reef, had I sat there for a year, I would likely have seen how the battle for space went back and forth between some organisms and how some may have disappeared altogether while other grown.

This was the fist time I truly began to understand the intricacies of the reef, probably one of my best dives of all time. I am reminded daily of that dive when ever I look at my reef because in essence, this is what we get to observe with our reefs. When you are able to do this for years it becomes the greatest lesson a reef keeper could have.

:)

Nano sapiens

I bet you initially thought the idea of sitting in front of a bunch of rocks with scuba was a bit 'nuts', but that is a great exercise to develop observational skills.

I just watched the full sequence of a small Rhodactis splitting in two this weekend. I've seen it many times before, but it's always a fascinating process. This is where nano tanks really shine since an event like this could easily be overlooked in a large system.

Archived