• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TF1

TF1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2012

How long should I leave inactive snails after they've been introduced? Crabs did well- snails appear all dead....it's been close to 24 hours.

Ph 7.8
Salt 1.025
Amm 0
Nit 0
Nitrate O-5

On a side note the crabs aren't eating the snails yet....

Thanks in advance
Tf

PwnMe

PwnMe

What smells better? Xenia or dead bodies?

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 18 Jan 2012
My snails didn't move for longer than that and then they all just started wandering. I never removed my dead snails because the hermits quickly ate them when they were for real dead. I know this doesn't help, but if the crabs eat them... you never really gotta take them out.

TF1

TF1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2012
Thanks - I hope they make it. I know two are likely dead because they appear to be margarita snails.... Which I believe can only live in a colder reef environment. I was to busy looking at corals when they were being bagged...

drunkenmonk21

drunkenmonk21

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17 Jul 2011
  • Illinois
Are they closed up or hanging out of thier shells? if they are closed up they should be fine. If they are hanging out of thier shells not moving then I would think they are dead.

Btw, I have had a Margarita in my tank for 8 months with a constant temp of 79. he does just fine.

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

Coral Trader

• Members
  • 3,476 posts
  • Joined 30 Jan 2011
  • Appleton Wisconsin
smell them
Anthonys 5 Gallon
Pictures
http://www.nano-reef...howtopic=267313

TF1

TF1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2012
Three of the 8 are alive. I took out four of them for a good whiff with no noticeable smell which is a good sign.
Cheers