Cultivated Reef

Pacific East Aquaculture, Happy Ending.

buddythelion

buddythelion

The emailing was great and shipping and packaging was phenomenal, by far one of the best. Ordered three zoa frags. Two of them were great, completely WYSIWYG but the third one... disappointment.

It's clearly NOT what I ordered. First of all, it is completely different from what the picture showed it to be, which is this beautiful metallic blue sheen and green tips. The center is a darker blue with vibrant gold rings. Also there's at least 8-9 polyps. However, once they opened up they look NOTHING like the picture. I get this drab grey base and a faded white center around the mouths. No green skirt, no metallic blue, just a very overall unattractive zoa...

Not what I ordered. Also, the MAX polyps on my frag is 7. So it's definitely NOT the frag I ordered... It was fairly expensive, $69.99 (so $41.99 after the 40% off, but BEFORE shipping costs), to just let pass by. I've heard great things from PEA, so I'm hoping they fix this.

Here are the pictures:

What they showed:

54f2r.jpg

What I got:

NYe5m.jpg

Asart.jpg

As you can see, the color is almost identical to my sand.. which is a black grey color. NOT metallic blue. I run a kessil so if anything it should make the colors POP. My phone actually made them look better than they actually are in person (lolz, for once). I'm fairly upset, and believe I have great reason to be ... But hoping that this was a hiccup on their part and that they'll get right on this by tomorrow.

Feel free to add comments, as I'm sure there are plenty of reefers who've dealt with PEA or plan to.

buddythelion
Maybe it will color up... :D

It could, but then again I'm sure it wasn't there for so long that it lost frags and dulled out =\

What did Pacific East say about this when you contacted them via email or phone?

#9 on your first photo isn't open in the pic and a polyp in the bottom photo between 3 and 5 doesn't seem to be counted.

buddythelion
What did Pacific East say about this when you contacted them via email or phone?

#9 on your first photo isn't open in the pic and a polyp in the bottom photo between 3 and 5 doesn't seem to be counted.

Like I said, I'm hoping for a reply by tomorrow morning. I'm not saying for everyone to avoid them, I'm just hoping for the best to come out. That's a tiny tiny tiny baby guy in the center. Good eye, but still doesn't effect what I got. The WYSIWYG pic shows no tiny baby. And the closed polyp is why I stated "max."

look at the first pic from pacific east- that pointed stone shape is on the frag plug next to the 'wysisyg' frag- very similar to the frag you got. maybe they gave you the one next to it?

look at the first pic from pacific east- that pointed stone shape is on the frag plug next to the 'wysisyg' frag- very similar to the frag you got. maybe they gave you the one next to it?

Oooh, this^

Like I said, I'm hoping for a reply by tomorrow morning. I'm not saying for everyone to avoid them, I'm just hoping for the best to come out. That's a tiny tiny tiny baby guy in the center. Good eye, but still doesn't effect what I got. The WYSIWYG pic shows no tiny baby. And the closed polyp is why I stated "max."

Tomorrow is a Sunday, today is a Saturday. I would give them a week day to respond. I'm not in the coral game but would hope a customer would wait for an official response before posting about a transaction, to handle it correctly. IME corals don't look the same from pictures, but here you may have some reason because of the lack of tip color. What kelvin rating kessil do you have and what do they take their pictures under? They may also just be stressed from shipping.

buddythelion
Tomorrow is a Sunday, today is a Saturday. I would give them a week day to respond. I'm not in the coral game but would hope a customer would wait for an official response before posting about a transaction, to handle it correctly. IME corals don't look the same from pictures, but here you may have some reason because of the lack of tip color. What kelvin rating kessil do you have and what do they take their pictures under? They may also just be stressed from shipping.

Understood Stevie, but I figured that this thread was also meant to see if others agreed that I didn't get what I ordered, and also so they could follow along on how PEA would handle it out in the end. I have the ocean blue 15000 kessil, so if it's metallic blue like the picture it should have definitely show up.

seems like a honest mistake if they sent you a wrong frag..you might get a free frag after this..looks like the frag next to you that was send to you..the tip of the rock

PacificEastAquaculture

This order was received by the OP on Friday. We did do a follow up call as we do with all of our shipments, got no answer and left a message. The OP sent us an email last night after hours (10:30 pm eastern) reporting the problem, and we got back to him today as soon as we received the email and had the opportunity to look into the matter. We have offered the OP a full refund of the price paid for the frag in question.

As has been suggested, this was an honest mistake on our end. All of our website WYSIWYG livestock is tagged at our facility with the Item ID number for inventory control. We had a number of very similar frags--same original colony with +/- a polyp or two, and somewhere along the lines a couple of the ID tags on them must have been mixed up. When we pulled the order we grabbed the wrong one as a result. While we make every effort to avoid these kinds of mistakes, we are human and sometimes it happens. Our appologies to the OP for the inconvenience, and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you on a future order.

Tomorrow is a Sunday, today is a Saturday. I would give them a week day to respond. I'm not in the coral game but would hope a customer would wait for an official response before posting about a transaction, to handle it correctly.

I agree with you stevie, but all the mr coral crap over the past couple years has made people jumpy, I think. still, OP should have waited to hear from the vendor.

oh look, problem solved. yay!

This order was received by the OP on Friday. We did do a follow up call as we do with all of our shipments, got no answer and left a message. The OP sent us an email last night after hours (10:30 pm eastern) reporting the problem, and we got back to him today as soon as we received the email and had the opportunity to look into the matter. We have offered the OP a full refund of the price paid for the frag in question.

As has been suggested, this was an honest mistake on our end. All of our website WYSIWYG livestock is tagged at our facility with the Item ID number for inventory control. We had a number of very similar frags--same original colony with +/- a polyp or two, and somewhere along the lines a couple of the ID tags on them must have been mixed up. When we pulled the order we grabbed the wrong one as a result. While we make every effort to avoid these kinds of mistakes, we are human and sometimes it happens. Our appologies to the OP for the inconvenience, and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you on a future order.

this here is a great example of excellent customer service! thumbs up.

LebaneseDlight
can there be a week banning if some one crabs on here before giving a vendor a chance to make good, on a claim??????

+1. Seems like the trend these days is to complain publicly and stir the pot before the vendor has a chance to respond in an effort to get free ####. BTW, the polyps themselves look like a newly acclimated, not colored up version of the wysiwyg...

I've ordered from PEA few times over the last 4 years, and find them to be one of the most reputable vendors with great selection, prices, and customer service. Starting a threat with UNHAPPY is not a "heads up, how was your experience?" - it's an attack...

buddythelion

I think it was fair of me to be upset that I got the wrong order and missed out on an awesome coral, as anyone else would be. But I know I didn't tell everyone left and right that they're horrible and to avoid them. Like I said, hoping it was just a small hiccup, and it was. I emailed them late in the night, that's why I also stated earlier that I was going to wait for the reply in the morning. First post was more of a vent and so you guys could see what I was seeing (frag wise). But I would say I was fairly understanding. I've changed the title of the thread as well so it's not so much as an "attack."

But in the end:

Alright guys, I got the email from them today and they offered me a full refund or store credit. Pretty fast responses. I'm pretty happy with the way they dealt this so just a heads up for anyone else who's worried about this happening, there's no need to worry. PEA will take care of you and you can count me in as a future customer as well. :)

can there be a week banning if some one crabs on here before giving a vendor a chance to make good, on a claim??????

+1

And +3 weeks to that ban duration.

I don't understand the absolute rush to hit the forums with concerns or complaints. Especially without first waiting a day or two (over the weekend no less) for the business to response. Unbelievable.

Captain Hook
I think it was fair of me to be upset that I got the wrong order and missed out on an awesome coral, as anyone else would be. But I know I didn't tell everyone left and right that they're horrible and to avoid them. Like I said, hoping it was just a small hiccup, and it was. I emailed them late in the night, that's why I also stated earlier that I was going to wait for the reply in the morning. First post was more of a vent and so you guys could see what I was seeing (frag wise). But I would say I was fairly understanding. I've changed the title of the thread as well so it's not so much as an "attack."

But in the end:

Alright guys, I got the email from them today and they offered me a full refund or store credit. Pretty fast responses. I'm pretty happy with the way they dealt this so just a heads up for anyone else who's worried about this happening, there's no need to worry. PEA will take care of you and you can count me in as a future customer as well. :)

Jeez what do you do when you dont get cheese on your burger at mcds? Stop making peoples jobs harder than they have to be, the supplier doesnt want to 'battle you' when all you simply have to do is mention the mix up and they probably would have given you the same offer. Give ppl a chance dude, were tryin to make the world go round not stop it from spinning.

I am not sure why you feel the need to post this review of your purchase before you had the chance to resolve the issue. Maybe next time wait to see what happens before you post your experience?

Why do people always try to get things for free? This may not be the case here, but I've read similar threads and had personal experiences where people think they can make a lot of noise to get things free. Lame.

buddythelion

Holy crap guys, calm down. I didn't start yelling my head off left and right about how horrible they are and that they better throw free stuff in for me and I didn't ask for any compensation from the company as well. Just for them to resolve the issue and I wanted some feedback ahead of time to see if my frag was different enough so when they would reply the next day I would at least have other people backing me up that it was different as proof, just to hopefully get things resolved faster. Becky was great, still waiting on my refund, happy ending like the title says.

If you guys even bother to read what I post, I'm definitely not flaming them, but sharing what happened. I got something bad, said I'm hoping it was just a hiccup and hoped for the best. Hooray! They recognized it was an honest mistake, and I even apologized if it seemed like I was flaming them. If anything I think this thread served as a promotion to PEA, showing off their great customer service, making me look like the bad guy because I was upset that I got the wrong thing. And you know, cuz it's totally wrong of me to be upset that I got something completely different than what I expected. I thought you guys would understand being fellow reefers and all.

Also, realize that I'm not #####ing about a $10 frag from Mr Coral or complaining about getting extra cuc or even having to do the world's easiest mod for an AC. I'm just sharing an experience, asking on opinion if they're different, and then showing how PEA dealt with it (which was fantastic). No one's happy how things turned out, but would rather flame the OP for complaining on a wrong order.

Jeez what do you do when you dont get cheese on your burger at mcds? Stop making peoples jobs harder than they have to be, the supplier doesnt want to 'battle you' when all you simply have to do is mention the mix up and they probably would have given you the same offer. Give ppl a chance dude, were tryin to make the world go round not stop it from spinning.

#####ing about 25c, the difference between a McDouble from the happy meal and a Double Cheeseburger from the menu is not the same as a $42 purchase. You're making an honest complaint sound much worse than it is and I very much like PEA.

Archived