ReefCleaners.org

Candy Coral help please!

ruslicus

Hi

I am new in SW tank life and need your help. I've got a candy coral frag free from the pet store. 2 heads are looking good, but 2 other is very bad. I am target feeding and 2 heads are very active even open and eat actively, but other 2 don't react to food. What would be the best way to reanimate those 2 bad or should I frag and through them out? If to frag what is the best way to frag? Please see attached the picture. Thank you.

post-72533-1330668282_thumb.jpg

C.I._Reefer
Hi

I am new in SW tank life and need your help. I've got a candy coral frag free from the pet store. 2 heads are looking good, but 2 other is very bad. I am target feeding and 2 heads are very active even open and eat actively, but other 2 don't react to food. What would be the best way to reanimate those 2 bad or should I frag and through them out? If to frag what is the best way to frag? Please see attached the picture. Thank you.

only one head looks bad, and even that one looks like it will come back if you just leave it be. Just feed OCCASIONALLY, and make sure your water params are in good shape, and keep your fingers crossed. hth :)

only one head looks bad, and even that one looks like it will come back if you just leave it be. Just feed OCCASIONALLY, and make sure your water params are in good shape, and keep your fingers crossed. hth :)

Thank you for information. How often should I feed them. If I feed them daily would be bad? Just want to try to reanimate, especially they almost don't extend to eat so was thinking daily to feed. Thx

TheKleinReef

My candy cane was the same way. One head looked beautiful and the other looked shriveled and unhappy. After a while it opened up. Just keep everything in check and it'll come around.

Builder Anthony

if they eat feed them,just lay some meaty food on them.heck ive fed corals cooked chicken one time when i was eating some

Hi guys

Last night I had a fortune to see my candy coral opened for about an hour. I fed them so much to make sure the bad one gets as much as possible. I wil try to feed them every day. Have a look:

post-72533-1330827598_thumb.jpg

Archived