Top Shelf Aquatics

Mike C's 4G Pico

mike c

Charlie the Yasha makes an appearance twice a year in my tank. They can hide inside rocks too.

On another note what is that scary figurine next to the tank? Is that wife approved?

I've heard Yashas are notorious for hidding, and rarely showing their faces. My Hi-Fin was always out, guarding their burrow, sun up to sun down (Par38, on-off). Thats why I'm trippin on his disappearance, he never hides. I even took the rock out during the last water change, and shook the hell out of it, to see if he'd fall out, nuthin. The tanks covered too, so I dont think he jumped.

Other note: Lol, it's the Virgin Mary, Dia De Los Muertos style (kinda my thing). And yes its wife approved. She has a similar one, only bright pink!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow really? I didn't know they made figurines like that for the Virgin Mary too. My apologies for the ignorant questions.

How else do you celebrate the Day of the Dead?

wow really? I didn't know they made figurines like that for the Virgin Mary too. My apologies for the ignorant questions.

How else do you celebrate the Day of the Dead?

No worries, Im far from being very religious, just like to collect cool day of the dead stuff. More of just paying respect to my culture, and the friends and family I've lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming up on a month..calling the goby a loss. :closedeyes:

Now what kind of goby should I add next? Any suggestions?

Coming up on a month..calling the goby a loss. :closedeyes:

Now what kind of goby should I add next? Any suggestions?

Bummer!

Don't want to go for another hi fin?

A Yasha is beautiful but you would have better luck spotting a whale in Alaska.

What about a pair of flaming prawn gobies?!

Bummer!

Don't want to go for another hi fin?

A Yasha is beautiful but you would have better luck spotting a whale in Alaska.

What about a pair of flaming prawn gobies?!

A Flaming Prawn Goby would be siiiick!!! Im definitely going to look into one now!

Just picked up some Orange Bam Bam zoas, and Rastas!! Got them from a local reefer, for a really great deal! Heres some pics of them acclimating, and dipped in ReVive.

2012-05-18_19-01-58_80.jpg

2012-05-18_19-22-27_436.jpg

This is a sweet tank man. What kind of sand is that? I'd like to use that for my 5.5 aio build.

Thanks brotha! I used Caribsea Arag-Alive, I think Special Grade. I used Oolite in my 28, and like that too, but this stuff has grown on me.

Thanks brotha! I used Caribsea Arag-Alive, I think Special Grade. I used Oolite in my 28, and like that too, but this stuff has grown on me.

I really like how the grain size looks. I have oolite in my pico and love it but I like to try something new for my next build.

What is the name of that tank? I'm interested in a new one. Do you know what type of glass it is?

It's a Aqua Japan. Pretty much as cheap as tanks get, but I really like it. My LFS calls them the "Russian doll tanks", cause they buy them in kits of 3, one stacked inside the other. The 4g in the 8g, and those in the 12g. Its your basic 'ol glass, nothing special. But for about $80, you can't go wrong!

Went down to Long Beach for a SCRK meeting at Age of Aquariums. Ended up grabbing a frag of Strawberry Shortcake!! and some blue/turquoise palys.

2012-05-21_13-11-35_695.jpg

2012-05-21_13-10-54_683.jpg

2012-05-21_13-13-19_929.jpg

Awesome Tank Mike! i like those mushroom in there it give out great colors!

Thanks, David. But man, your 40 is freakin gorgeous! Great job on that.

d'Espresso

Thanks MC! I just loaded up some more picture tonight but checking out your tank i probably start up a pico tank once more. These pico tank been popping up everywhere. i guess it is the trend now once more!

Cute green clown goby. Do they munch on SPS like the YCG do?

They say he might. He gets fed twice a day, small feedings. Im trying to keep nice and full. So far he's left the acro alone, but as soon as he looks at it funny (that sideways look, just before they nip) he's out of there! I dont care how cute he is! Lol.

Anyone seen these palys before? I bought them cause I liked the blue/turquoise color they had. They've been in my tank for a week now, and have developed a brighter green mouth, like People Eaters have.

2012-05-25_16-40-33_657.jpg

Anyone seen these palys before? I bought them cause I liked the blue/turquoise color they had. They've been in my tank for a week now, and have developed a brighter green mouth, like People Eaters have.

2012-05-25_16-40-33_657.jpg

Nice tank. great job. IMO the coral there looks like Pacific Pallys.

Nice tank. great job. IMO the coral there looks like Pacific Pallys.

Thanks bro! Do you have a link or anything to those? I cant find anything to compare them to.

Thanks bro! Do you have a link or anything to those? I cant find anything to compare them to.

Ill dig up a photo of mine tomorrow for ya :)best pic I can find. sorry

DSC03154.jpg

The pallys I recieved where bleached before I got them. explaines the color differance. But thay started to get darker a few months in my tank.

Archived