ReefCleaners.org

Picotope frag tank

Stardumb

I'm considering using my picotope as a frag tank and want to replace the lighting with led. I know it's not a huge tank for growing frags out but it's what I have for now. Mainly will be zoas and palys with a few sps. How are the led wholesalers par bulbs? I like that I can control the blue and white. Would a ecoxotic panorama be too much? Thanks for checking out my question.

i have a wholesalers par38 over my jbj pico and its not bad at all. the optics are not the greatest. i think 40 degree or less, not sure. it makes a bit of a spotlight but i dont mind it. my zoas and palys LOVE it. ill be upgrading to a boost or rapid par bulb with 60 or 80 optics soon but for now im happy with this one.

11.8/8.4/8 i think? that was off the top of my head.

or 11.8/8.4/9?

If that is the case, one PAR38 should be more than enough.

joeyhatch11

Anyone have a few links they can post of some Par38's that aren't CRAZY expensive? I have a 12x10x7 tank that I'd like to make a small frag tank. Looking for lights now as a matter of fact.

Any ideas about flow or filtration? Just a simple hob?

AquaClear HOB will be fine, maybe with an inTank Media Basket and a Koralia nano powerhead.

joeyhatch11

My 12x10x7 has a Fluval U1 in it. I haven't started the tank yet but it's rated for 65GPH with an adjustable water flow knob. Im also going to look into other media options, such as finer filter floss and some Purigen.

Archived