Top Shelf Aquatics

pico tank lid

leonel619

i was thinking of making a lid for my jbj picotope to reduce evaporation. does anyone here use one for this tank or similar tank? if so does it help with evap?

philaquatics

I have one of those tanks and wish so dearly to have a lid. I have heard about amazing reductions in evap. if you want to make two?!?!? that would be fantastic!

I have one of those tanks and wish so dearly to have a lid. I have heard about amazing reductions in evap. if you want to make two?!?!? that would be fantastic!

yeah same here that's why i want to give it a shot.. i actually just finished making a template for mine. but im not the one making it, its a friend of mine. im a give him the template and hes going to cut out the acrylic. if it comes out the way i want it, ill def let u know and make another.

I have a picotope and made my own lid from a piece of acrylic I got from the hardware store. It cut very easily and then I used some fine sand paper to take the sharp edges off. I made the lid about 3/8" wider than the tank dimensions so it fits nicely with no clips, etc.

It definitely cut down on evaporation.

It definitely cut down on evaporation.

that's great! this is why i want to make a lid for it. i love ATOs but i want to have the least possible equipment on the pico since there's very limited space.

i was thinking of making a lid for my jbj picotope to reduce evaporation. does anyone here use one for this tank or similar tank? if so does it help with evap?

I have found that it helps greatly with evaporation. Seems to reduce it by about half.

A member named glazer makes them if you don't want to make your own. His work is top notch with beveled edges.

Glazer makes nice lods. I am planning on making my own.

yes GLAZIER does, or used to, make these. not sure if he still does. ill see how mine comes out and if it comes out good ill prob ask my friend to make a couple more.

Archived