Innovative Marine Aquariums

March 2012 Reef Profile - razarmi

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For March we're featuring razarmi and his 40 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find razarmi's tank journal in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for razarmi, and he'll try his best to answer them.

SouthFlorida_Tron

First! now thats a huge congrats to a wonderporium of LPS and Softies, that's how it done!!!! Superb Reef, well deserved!!!

Wow!!!

Sorry if this is a noob question but don't hammer stings other corals especially when they so close to each other?

Euphyllia (frog spawn, hammer and torch corals) have a weak sting. Just enough to grab onto and pull in meaty foods. Currently none of my LPS corals are touching other corals. If they do bump occasionally, it doesn't seem to cause any problems. Just make sure other corals are not in constant contact with them.

I opened up the home-page and literally said "holy sh*t." Congrats. This is proof that my love for softies is not just a beginner thing. I'm glad to see TOTMs that aren't SPS dominated. Keep up the good work and educating your son. Sounds like nice bonding time :)

Edited by ScubaEthan

Simple, stunning and awesome. Not many tanks make me feel like a little kid and get excited about seeing something "new". Great job! You may have inspired me ;)

-Dave

very nice reef, congrats....where did you get so many brittle stars?

Overfeed your fish. LOL!

Got a few from a LFS when I first started. Now there is a large population. Every month or so they all climb to the highest rock and release sperm and eggs. Clouds the water for a few hours. If you can't get a few from a LFS or friend, Indo-Pacific Sea Farms sells critter kits. http://www.ipsf.com/

Congrats! I love the way your tank looks! Everything looks healthy and happy! I'm also a LPS and soft coral guy. SPS just doesn't look good to me as I prefer more movement as well.

I read everything you wrote and learned a few things.

Again, great set-up!

Phil.