inTank Media Baskets

I've got an Aussie Gold Torch that did the same thing. It was fine for weeks and now, in the span of a few days, it looks like it's not going to make it. Very frustrating.

Tank looks great, though, man!

• Like 1

Haven't posted a picture in awhile so here is the latest.

My orange torch went from awesome to almost nothing in 3 days so I'm kind of sad about that. Other than that everything else has been pretty good. Not sure why that one took such a dramatic turn for the worst

A0qCx83.jpg

This was long overdue. Thanks for the updated shot :wub:

• Like 4

That is so beautiful. Is that a GBTA on the left?

I updated Mr. Aqua long with your latest entry.

Coral on the left is a branching hammer. You can see its growth progression on my first post. (Mid May 2012) It started off as a single head and is now up to about 10.

• Like 1

Some new pictures

Pictures courtesy of a local club member. Canon 5D with nicer L lens. His white balance looks like it was set to auto as they look more magenta/bluer than I take mine.

zakjjNF.jpg

AlmcnNo.jpg

wZhcTUT.jpg

Nano-Reef on my work computer :ninja:

• Like 16

Great looking pics and tank.

My gold torch is only happy under a lot of light and a lot of random flow. Seemingly opposite if what everyone says about torches.

• Like 1
Jackal_Knight

Dang you got me drooling over your tank, looks better every time i see. Did you ever upgrade your light? or u still running that W/RB fixture first got cause you got some great colors

• Like 1

Looks amazing!

Awesome shots!

Great looking pics and tank.

My gold torch is only happy under a lot of light and a lot of random flow. Seemingly opposite if what everyone says about torches.

Wow

I ♡ this tank.

Dang you got me drooling over your tank, looks better every time i see. Did you ever upgrade your light? or u still running that W/RB fixture first got cause you got some great colors

Thanks guys!!

Still running the same fixture. I've been researching alternatives and so far there aren't too many options that work well for this size tank and look nice. I contacted Dave at Nanobox as his lights look nice but the quote was pretty high. Does anyone have any reviews of his latest designs?

No clue how I have never seen this tank.

Absolutely unreal! Keep up the killer work!

-Dave

Absolutely stunning.

Thanks guys!!

Picked up some new corals today

6 corals in total - Oregon tort, Hawkins, Red Planet, purple stylo, orange pavona, and red blasto.

Had to go into work to acclimate them. Hoping for the best come Monday. Fingers crossed.

i'm still in love with this tank. i may end up trying this tank out. even though lighting it would be a b....

Ya lighting is pretty limited. There aren't large name fixtures that work well.

The Razor is probably the closest fit size wise. A kessil or radion would be cool but you'd need 2 of them. A nanobox at 36" is a custom build. Im still satisfied with my light but there is a lot more to be desired in terms of control and color alteration. A brief dig through aliexpress showed similar models to mine that have been updated with dimming capabilities.

Ya lighting is pretty limited. There aren't large name fixtures that work well.

The Razor is probably the closest fit size wise. A kessil or radion would be cool but you'd need 2 of them. A nanobox at 36" is a custom build. Im still satisfied with my light but there is a lot more to be desired in terms of control and color alteration. A brief dig through aliexpress showed similar models to mine that have been updated with dimming capabilities.

Have you thought about build my led? I bought a custom spectrum fixture from them and can't wait to see how it looks.

Have you thought about build my led? I bought a custom spectrum fixture from them and can't wait to see how it looks.

I did. My main hope was for a full spectrum fixture with dimming so I could control how much blue, white, red, purple etc I would have. The BML fixture has more color choices but I would still be in a similar situation to what I have in terms of control. A lot of the colors are also fairly spread out over the long bar. I would think the greens/reds/etc wouldn't blend well when they are evenly spaced with the blues and whites.

If I ever change my light it will be something that has tightly clustered LEDs or have all of them on a single chip as well as built in dimming. That is my reasoning behind favoring the kessil and nanobox at the moment.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

nice clean tank!

Well done.

Thank you!

Where did you purchase your lighting?

The lighting is originally from China - it could be ordered off alibaba or aliexpress.com

This might not be the exact one but it looks the same.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3W-CREE-LED-Aquarium-Light-3feet-36-no-fans-for-coral-reef-fish-Aquatics/880991677.html

I bought mine off ebay so I didn't have to pay the ridiculous shipping cost. The price on this light has dropped $100-150 from when I bought it.

If you order that light make sure its 50% white / 50% blue at the minimum or more blues than whites.

There are similar models that now have dimming as well as different color leds for better spectrum. I'd recommend that if you can find it.