Innovative Marine Aquariums

Really amazing inspirational tank. Idk if its the way the pics turn out but how much yellow is in the tank, I hadn't noticed the green until you mentioned it

It looks very close to the picture. There is probably 2-3X as many green corals as every other color, but at least the greens are different variations, some teal, some lime green, some dark. I just really want a orange coral in between the brains

Maybe

che_4314.jpg

che_3896.jpg

and something blue on the right rock.

che_4217.jpg

cook2.JPG

I only have 1 slightly yellow coral too and this one would have rocked! Too bad its sold out :(

che_4204.jpg

• Like 4

Tank is looking stunning. I like the new pieces you added. I think it's time I started removing some of my beginner softies for more SPS!

• Like 1

This is my favorite tank on NR.

This is IMO the best tank on NR. (To be fair I have not seen them all yet.)

I'm glad its your favorite but its definitely not the best

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing setup. So clean :)

Subscribed, just got to this thread now. Going to do a read through but amazing well done.

Thanks guys, the first 3-4 pages are pretty good about the design process. The last 25 or so are all about my struggle to find the right balance of maintenance, top off, dosing, and feeding. It took awhile to smooth out but in person I can finally see steady growth and more vibrant solid coloration.

• 2 weeks later...

so how do you keep the snails from blocking your overflow and outflow bulkheads, do you just not buy big enough snails?

A large snail wouldn't be an issue, when I used to have a starfish it would frequently walk across the screen. I've done some very unscientific tests using my hand to block the screens. If I completely block one the water level rises to the top of the rim, it looks like it will overflow but the 2nd drain is now completely underwater and it starts a siphon quickly drawing in the excess water. As soon a gush of air enters that second pipe it creates an uncpleasant gurgling sound and the water begins to rise again. The process then repeats. Its kind of a cool warming system when I heard gurgling I know the water level is too high or my filter floss needs to be changed.

New pics?

Soon

That clam. Saucy.

No clam, the pictures at the top were items I had my eye on at CherryCorals, they were suppose to come to our local frag swap but backed out. I was looking for adding more blue and orange to my tank.

• Like 1

So happy to see your build doing so well! Kudos for your dedication and discipline. Looks fabulous buddy!

Thanks. Im hoping to keep the same tank alive and thriving for as long as possible. We are moving to a new office building very soon and my wife is 7 months pregnant. We'll see how things go. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Congrats! I'm happy to hear the great news. We just had our first arrive and it has been a blast having Emma join the family :) Keep up the great work and look forward to more!

Nano sapiens

and something blue on the right rock.

che_4217.jpg

The blue Leptastrea is really nice. I'm definitely a Lep fan and have had mine since 2001. However, they expand quickly, they are really hard to eradicate (nicknamed 'Zombie Coral' for good reason) and their sting is really potent towards most other stony corals. If yours gets out of hand, I've found that packing the edges with Zoas/Palys works to keep them contained and the contrast of texture and colors looks very nice, too.

If this isn't TOTM next month I'm gonna shoot myself in the face. BTW cherry corals is less than an hour from me :)

That seems quite harsh.

You need to get over there and pick up that ice blue leptastrea and tangerine yellow leptoseris for me.

• Like 2

It looks alright. I'm still a bigger fan of the a150w pendants.

I prefer the pendants too, but for my tank this type of format works better.

• Like 1

I prefer the pendants too, but for my tank this type of format works better.

Yeah, that's true. Hopefully it's price-friendly for you as well. :)