Innovative Marine Aquariums

Great pieces! That blue iris monti - wow never seen one of them before

Thanks! Yep I had never seen anything close to that before and I'm trying to add more blue to my tank. This seemed like a great addition.

Nice choices. I this tank

Meant I <3 this tank! Stupid iPhone

<3

• Like 1

Those colors on the blue iris.... If it ever gets to big, I call dibs on frag! :ninja:

Its already a pretty big piece and could be fragged. I doubt you want to pay shipping for just 1 thing though. Is there anything else you'd like I can see if I can make a small pack for you in the future?

• Like 2

Most likely, I will take a gander a little more, or possibly have you surprise me once the 22L is up and running. :)

Just name your price for a package!

Those new frags are wicked, that blue monti is awesome, i want a frag too :) is this encrusting kind or branching?

It branches similar to an acro, with a thick base and lots of branches fanning outward. Google Montipora Stellata or Hirsuta to get a rough idea about adult growth. Im not exactly sure if its even one of those 2 but it looks very similar.

• Like 2

It branches similar to an acro, with a thick base and lots of branches fanning outward. Google Montipora Stellata or Hirsuta to get a rough idea about adult growth. Im not exactly sure if its even one of those 2 but it looks very similar.

Wow I want one of those for sure. I didn't have much luck with acros.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

DIVER'S DEN TOUR

Aug 8th LiveAquaria's Drivers Den was open to the public to tour their facility. They do it usually twice a year and this was the first time I've gone. Its about a 3-4 hour drive from the Twin Cities to Rhinelander Wi. The Dr Foster and Smith Retail store, and warehouse is honestly in the middle of no where and its unexpected to see such a cool reefing facility like this in the midwest.

The first couple photos are of the tour, the saltwater and RO holding tanks, filtration room (There are at least 8 of them), the coral raceways, WYSIWYG fish, and some of the rarer fish they had for sale. The last photos are of their SPS display tank, and Kevin's own personal tank in his office (which houses probably 10k worth of fish alone). Inside his office tank are a few Bandits, Gem Tangs (yes multiple), 4 Venustus Angels, a Tamarin Wrasse, a Pseudojuloides Edwardi, and a few other very rare fish.

3sr6eND.jpg

3IV3PGc.jpg

uQZ3AxW.jpg

PXtNVst.jpg

rIhS6kL.jpg

5lv5r8F.jpg

nVws6V8.jpg

CJ1XNty.jpg

OFUrVNM.jpg

IiyZyz9.jpg

m1Iiyru.jpg

aGHwSHp.jpg

ubtGY5M.jpg

zfJ5iUS.jpg

iPtUQtH.jpg

5Y0mXeo.jpg

xxEU9Uq.jpg

qdYnf1d.jpg

18AVwWv.jpg

Fudyi0N.jpg

WSi6LUv.jpg

Had to leave with a frag of that last monti! I could not afford the candy basslet or wrasse bass so I went home with another small angel and starfish as well. The venustus was an angel I really wanted but they were all in Kevins office tanks and currently not for sale. He took my email address and said he could hook me up with one of the little guys when they were for sale and caught. Pictures of my tank will be posted next week.

• Like 8

NEW FTS

gaKdwxd.jpg

My new Phoenix Monti from the DFS tour. You can really see how yellow and bright it is compared to the RR Nauti Spiral. Now the Nauti, Spongodes and Oregon Tort have been pretty bleached for most of the summer and its finally starting to recover most of the darker pigments but it should look awesome once they grow closer together.

gq3r22z.jpg

vMYrdiU.jpg

• Like 12

NEW FTS

gaKdwxd.jpg

My new Phoenix Monti from the DFS tour. You can really see how yellow and bright it is compared to the RR Nauti Spiral. Now the Nauti, Spongodes and Oregon Tort have been pretty bleached for most of the summer and its finally starting to recover most of the darker pigments but it should look awesome once they grow closer together.

gq3r22z.jpg

vMYrdiU.jpg

Just fantastic

The Phoenix is my holy Grail coral. Yours has more colors than mine. Wow.

• Like 1

Tank looks awesome as usual Scorched! Where's the clam? Don't see it in the FTS pic.

Its on the left side now. It was tipped and closed as there was a hermit climbing on top of it when I took the photo. You can sort of see it if you look at either of the pictures at full size.

Tank is looking awesome! Thanks for sharing your ideas and suggestions with me. :)

How are you liking the new light?

Ya no problem dude!

The light has worked out quite well. The only things I don't like it are very nit picky. But that's usual for me, I'll always find something that can be improved on. The lights power cord coming ou the top bugs me, the hanging connections aren't counter sunk and stick out since they are brass, at least make them stainless or aluminum, and the last would be having the controller be easier to use and see. I've made a spreadsheet with a graph to see my adjustments and it's still hard to still the intensities and durations.

I see you went with the 36" Nano Box fixture. That was one of the lights I was deciding between when I upgraded last fall. Let me know how it works out for you.

Ya no problem dude!

The light has worked out quite well. The only things I don't like it are very nit picky. But that's usual for me, I'll always find something that can be improved on. The lights power cord coming ou the top bugs me, the hanging connections aren't counter sunk and stick out since they are brass, at least make them stainless or aluminum, and the last would be having the controller be easier to use and see. I've made a spreadsheet with a graph to see my adjustments and it's still hard to still the intensities and durations.

I see you went with the 36" Nano Box fixture. That was one of the lights I was deciding between when I upgraded last fall. Let me know how it works out for you.

Yea I owned the Nano version of that light. I struggled getting it adjusted properly, moved to a Tide with the V2 array and was issue free since. So I have high expectations for this new light with the V3 arrays, 4 channel + moonlight. I'll have to be careful since there will be 6 V3's on it. Will certainly keep you posted!

Absolutely love this build. This is one of the first tanks I saw on YouTube over a year ago and its partially the reason I got into the hobby. Cheers Scorched!

• Like 1

Absolutely love this build. This is one of the first tanks I saw on YouTube over a year ago and its partially the reason I got into the hobby. Cheers Scorched!

Cheers!

Thanks for checking it out. Ya I'm still surprised that one of my first videos has almost 30,000 views and it honestly doesn't even look that great.

Probably time for a new one.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...