Coral Vue Hydros

Just received my Reef Cleaners order, not amused

jefferzbooboo

People make mistakes. If it was a mistake made by John, from what I have read on here I am sure he would correct it if you contact him. No reason to come on here and bash him before even contacting him.

I placed an order from him last week and it is shipping today. Every part of the transaction to date has been OUTSTANDING!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I call bs.... John does not ship on Fridays...... Sounds like you may have missed your initial delivery.

Whatever the issue. You should have reached out to John first before posting. He goes above and beyond for his customers.

+1000000

There isn't a vendor like John. If he shipped me one $0.02 snail short, he sends and email and a refund and follows up with another email.

OP: I'm not doubting your story but there has to be more than what meets the eye here.

Call/email or PM John directly. This is most certainly NOT the way he does business.

jefferzbooboo

The thing with the hermits is I absolutely don't want them in my tank at any time. I live 90 miles from my LFS so I can't just go drop them off, and yes they were in there own bags, white legged in one and red legged in another.

Should have contacted John first. He goes above and beyond. My Experience

Do keep in mind Presidents day was Monday last week and orders didn't start shipping til Tuesday. Not sure when you ordered, but when you do, it tells you on their site when the order should ship.

Furthermore, as far as the smell, was anything actually dead or did it just smell? Keep in mind, not everything will come out of its shell right away.

The thing with the hermits is I absolutely don't want them in my tank at any time. I live 90 miles from my LFS so I can't just go drop them off, and yes they were in there own bags, white legged in one and red legged in another.

Wait a sec...The hermits were in a separate bag and you don't want them....???

If a LFS isn't near you and you don't want them/didn't pay for them, I'm pretty sure you could just toss 'em, if you are that dead set on not wanting them.....

Looking at this tracking #, it was ,indeed, shipped on Friday.

Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 22, 2012

Acceptance, February 22, 2012, 4:53 pm, STUART, FL 34994

I did not order hermits either, but there were 2 that ended up in the bag with snails... most likely because they have the same damn shells.

There has to be another saltwater tank within 10 miles of where you live... I think... Craigslist :)

Fuge/Sump them?

Looking at this tracking #, it was ,indeed, shipped on Friday.

Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 22, 2012

Acceptance, February 22, 2012, 4:53 pm, STUART, FL 34994

I did not order hermits either, but there were 2 that ended up in the bag with snails... most likely because they have the same damn shells.

You mean Wednesday?

It got to ND on Friday and that was the "Expected Delivery"

18yyqo.png

So 1. Shipping was delayed on post office end...I once got a refund cause a package didn't get there with in 2-3 days.

2. the 2nd box could have been just a shipping/handing error

3. I would have reached out to John first.

+1

This thread is just begging for some TS!

So apparently my tank sitter has earned quite a fan following. If you're new to this on going chronicle, I'm starting over, just for you.

It all started with an order from Reefcleaners back in September while I was travelling

Sept 15:

gtalk convo with my tank sitter:

kat: is the pkg from Florida there yet?

tank sitter (TS): no

a little later

kat: is it there yet?

ts: no

a little later

kat: i just got a delivery notification from the concierge ITS THERE.

kat: hello?

ts: yes everything is in the tank

kat: BE GONE EVIL CYNO. JOHNS ARMY IS HERE. RAWR.

ts: did you have sugar cookies with your tea today?

kat: so how many soldiers were in the pkg?

ts: about 50 give or take

kat: oh okay. i ordered 26

ts: then they must be 26

kat: how may baggies were in the package?

ts: dont remeber maybe 3

kat: shoulda been 5

ts: then there were 5

kat: youre not helping dont make me come over there!

ts: it was fine. small snails. one plant.

kat: thats a macro, is it cute?

ts: ITS A PLANT

kat: fine!

a little later:

kat: what are the soldiers doing?

ts: dont know. how long before they eat the purple stuff

kat: not sure ill ask John

ts: who is John

kat: a rockstar if you read the forums

ts: you got your snails from a celebrity?

kat: no john is the owner of the company tha sent the snails. hopefully they will make a dent in the really bad algae on the left side

ts: that side is all clean.

kat: huh?? i got the snails for that left side! you sent me pics remembr. its was black!

ts: yes but i covered that side with paper like you said last week so no light got to it. its practically clean.

kat: WHAT?! i mean that is good but you just asked me how long before they eat "that purple stuff"

ts: yes the purple stuff that is on all the rocks. light purple dark purple

kat: THAT'S CORALLINE ALGAE!

ts: isnt this hobby supposed to be relaxing? drink some camomile tea or something!

ts goes offline and sends a lame video of the macro John sent me.

You mean Wednesday?

It got to ND on Friday and that was the "Expected Delivery"

18yyqo.png

So 1. Shipping was delayed on post office end...I once got a refund cause a package didn't get there with in 2-3 days.

2. the 2nd box could have been just a shipping/handing error

3. I would have reached out to John first.

My bad. You are correct. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday.

Looks like it was delayed by USPS and has nothing to do with John

+1000000

There isn't a vendor like John. If he shipped me one $0.02 snail short, he sends and email and a refund and follows up with another email.

OP: I'm not doubting your story but there has to be more than what meets the eye here.

Call/email or PM John directly. This is most certainly NOT the way he does business.

I have to agree with Kat, John's costumer service is the best as his livestock and products. You really need to go through the proper channels before coming onboard and bashing someone.

I'll get the popcorn and chips ready for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

This thread is just begging for some TS!

So apparently my tank sitter has earned quite a fan following. If you're new to this on going chronicle, I'm starting over, just for you.

It all started with an order from Reefcleaners back in September while I was travelling

Sept 15:

gtalk convo with my tank sitter:

kat: is the pkg from Florida there yet?

tank sitter (TS): no

a little later

kat: is it there yet?

ts: no

a little later

kat: i just got a delivery notification from the concierge ITS THERE.

kat: hello?

ts: yes everything is in the tank

kat: BE GONE EVIL CYNO. JOHNS ARMY IS HERE. RAWR.

ts: did you have sugar cookies with your tea today?

kat: so how many soldiers were in the pkg?

ts: about 50 give or take

kat: oh okay. i ordered 26

ts: then they must be 26

kat: how may baggies were in the package?

ts: dont remeber maybe 3

kat: shoulda been 5

ts: then there were 5

kat: youre not helping dont make me come over there!

ts: it was fine. small snails. one plant.

kat: thats a macro, is it cute?

ts: ITS A PLANT

kat: fine!

a little later:

kat: what are the soldiers doing?

ts: dont know. how long before they eat the purple stuff

kat: not sure ill ask John

ts: who is John

kat: a rockstar if you read the forums

ts: you got your snails from a celebrity?

kat: no john is the owner of the company tha sent the snails. hopefully they will make a dent in the really bad algae on the left side

ts: that side is all clean.

kat: huh?? i got the snails for that left side! you sent me pics remembr. its was black!

ts: yes but i covered that side with paper like you said last week so no light got to it. its practically clean.

kat: WHAT?! i mean that is good but you just asked me how long before they eat "that purple stuff"

ts: yes the purple stuff that is on all the rocks. light purple dark purple

kat: THAT'S CORALLINE ALGAE!

ts: isnt this hobby supposed to be relaxing? drink some camomile tea or something!

ts goes offline and sends a lame video of the macro John sent me.

lololol...^This is popcorn worthy!

How about you just not put the hermit crabs in your tank...

Sounds like you live in the middle of no where being 90 miles from a LFS. Until you own/run the postal service, quit complaining and blasting companies before you really look into it.

Toilet

USPS ####ed up or for some reason you needed to be there for delivery. Allow the vendor to respond to an email before posting on a public forum. It's just not the right order, but if you are as good as John it really doesn't make you cry too much at night.

Sherwood ND! Both of my parents were from Sherwood. My mom used say if you go to the end of the earth and jump off you'll land in Sherwood. I'm surprised the packages got there as quick as they did. John will take care of you he is awesome. Throw the hermits.

Sherwood ND! Both of my parents were from Sherwood. My mom used say if you go to the end of the earth and jump off you'll land in Sherwood. I'm surprised the packages got there as quick as they did. John will take care of you he is awesome. Throw the hermits.

No kidding. Wow, that is really in the middle of nowhere.

My order took 5 days to get to me. USPS didn't make it on Saturday so I got it on Monday. I thought everything would be dead. Emailed John he said let him know how they do. Everything was alive. There was a bunch of the smallest ones not moving after a couple days. I thought for sure they were dead. Took them out and put them in a dish. They ALL started crawling around. after 5 days. Good luck trying to blast a company with an impeccable reputation. You should have contacted John first.

Let's get this right...

lots of this stuff going on on the forums lately. People panic and start posting for any issue before trying to get it resolved.

Prima donna, occupying, cheap Noobs!

There, fixed it for ya.

*DISCLAIMER*... NOT intended toward the OP at all. There have been many far worse than you. IF you REALLLLLLLY do not want hermits, then heck, toss them. If you have that little regard and absolutely cannot have one in your tank, just say goodbye. I'd sump/fuge them but heck, they might escape!

I didn't see you complain about missing items or everything being DOA, so I find extremely little in this post to complain about. The shipping issue is probably a technicality for your location per USPS. If you're that far away from a LFS, the post office probably has to charge you something extra to get packages all the way out there... That really has zero to do with JM and Reef Cleaners.

Actually, I find nothing in your post to complain about.

Toilet

USPS ####ed up or for some reason you needed to be there for delivery. Allow the vendor to respond to an email before posting on a public forum. It's just not the right order, but if you are as good as John it really doesn't make you cry too much at night.

Watch out StevieT. He'll be ordering from you next.

No, I didn't miss my shipment, I was there both Friday and Saturday waiting at the mail box for the package, got my mail in hand from the Post Lady. I wouldn't have minded If I would have got a couple extra of what I ordered, but like the hermits I don't want them, what do I with them?

Here's the numbers copied on the packages:

package1.jpg

package2.jpg

here what u do in few steps. get on you computer, go to an email site, email john, or get your phone, dial some numbers for john, and talk to him.

nano_reefer10
I've placed/received 3 flawless orders with John, and he is incredibly responsive to emails...not getting in touch with him first is whine-fail...

Jamie

Same, never had a problem with him, and very responsive to emails.

here what u do in few steps. get on you computer, go to an email site, email john, or get your phone, dial some numbers for john, and talk to him.

why? because nothing was dead(never stated anyway) and he got free stuff? BS thread is BS.

are you trying to get more free stuff by complaining? if you dont want the hermits, as stated, dont put them in your tank. i know its so simple its stupid. im sure with a little leg work you could find someone to take them .

tampax1.jpg

Watch out StevieT. He'll be ordering from you next.

Good thing my stuff doesn't die :P But still you get these threads every now and then.

Let's get this right...

There, fixed it for ya.

*DISCLAIMER*... NOT intended toward the OP at all. There have been many far worse than you. IF you REALLLLLLLY do not want hermits, then heck, toss them. If you have that little regard and absolutely cannot have one in your tank, just say goodbye. I'd sump/fuge them but heck, they might escape!

I didn't see you complain about missing items or everything being DOA, so I find extremely little in this post to complain about. The shipping issue is probably a technicality for your location per USPS. If you're that far away from a LFS, the post office probably has to charge you something extra to get packages all the way out there... That really has zero to do with JM and Reef Cleaners.

Actually, I find nothing in your post to complain about.

Dude, put the pipe down.

He has shown 2 packages with the same shipping label and yet you're blaming him for a technicality for his location? Have you ever shipped with USPS, UPS, FEDEX before? Every label has to be unique for each package otherwise everyone can just photocopy the same label...

When you go to pay for a shipping label on Paypal, provided that the shipper entered everything correctly (with the weight if he's not using Flat Rate), the final cost will be displayed before you hit accept to print.

You don't need to make ridiculous statements to come to the vendors' defense and it's prety sad that everyone is on his case and blaming the OP as the culprit until he showed proof.

Every vendor makes mistakes but how is the OP at fault?!

Archived