• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

jefferzbooboo

jefferzbooboo

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 08 Oct 2006

I ordered the 30 extra high Quick crew, and just received it. Before I could even get in the door, the Post Man demanded $17.45 because there was 2 packages, they photocopied the shipping slip and stuck it on the other package! After paying the Post Man, I opened the package and smelt of death and rotting. I start pulling out the bags, and low and behold there's Hermit Crabs in the box which I didn't order or want, what am I supposed to do with them now? There are plenty of snails in the box, one's I ordered and lots of different ones I didn't, none of the bags are marked what they are. Over half the bags were deflated and the paper towels were dry.
I'm very disappointed and would not recommend them to anyone.

aap15

aap15

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 28 Nov 2011
  • Westerville, OH
This post is gonna get hit hard....time to sit back and watch..

GiantBen

GiantBen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,065 posts
  • Joined 26 Jan 2009
  • North Bay, CA
Was your order actually dead, or did it just stink?

PM John. I'm sure he'll take care of you. Sucks that you had a bad experience.

Amo2011

Amo2011

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 25 Jan 2011
  • Chicago (The city not surrounding suburbs)
I call bs.... John does not ship on Fridays...... Sounds like you may have missed your initial delivery.

Whatever the issue. You should have reached out to John first before posting. He goes above and beyond for his customers.
RSM 130D with a GREAT 24 LED retro from www.LEDREEF.com

TinyGiant

TinyGiant

Stocking my 55g In Wall!

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
  • Joined 18 Apr 2010
  • Rochester, NH

I call bs.... John does not ship on Fridays...... Sounds like you may have missed your initial delivery.

Whatever the issue. You should have reached out to John first before posting. He goes above and beyond for his customers.

+1 usually the posts i see on this forum are the total opposite.. people are usually quite happy to have bonus critters :)

Unclemoe

Unclemoe

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 15 Feb 2011
  • Norhern Illinois
+1 on getting in touch with people b4 bashing them

kevin_f

kevin_f

lost!

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 12 Jul 2011
  • central nj

+1 on getting in touch with people b4 bashing them

beyondcomp251

beyondcomp251

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • Joined 22 Feb 2009
  • Richmond VA
yup all over this, John is one of the best out there and Im a hard one to please

GiantBen

GiantBen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,065 posts
  • Joined 26 Jan 2009
  • North Bay, CA

yup all over this, John is one of the best out there and Im a hard one to please

I bet...

solefald

solefald

Nigerian Prince

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Joined 16 Jan 2012
  • San Diego, CA
Perhaps it was supposed to be delivered on Friday, but you weren't around to sign for it?
This will explain why things are dead.

The package with gazillion snails arrived Friday morning. If it wasn't for my big beard and 3 wolf moon shirt, I would be defenseless agains the army of invertebrates. Every single one was captured alive. They are now all POW.

Edited by solefald, 27 February 2012 - 10:21 AM.

dickie52

dickie52

in my own world where they know me

• Members
  • 8,720 posts
  • Joined 01 Jun 2003
  • NY

I ordered the 30 extra high Quick crew, and just received it.

get the facts

John will take good care of you

things happen

why didn't you use the site feedback and questions forum? you ass hole.

Posted Image

yeah, or we'll rape you so hard the room will stink.

Sub

Sub

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • Joined 11 Jan 2012
I call bs too. Talk to John.

Corals!  

10g+20g frag tanks, 8g biocube, 12g Aquapod, 50g Rimless Breeder, 90g Oceanic Tech

rc_Sub_sig.png

civickm

civickm

iReefer

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 07 Dec 2006
  • Denver Tech Center, CO

Posted Image

event.png

beyondcomp251

beyondcomp251

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • Joined 22 Feb 2009
  • Richmond VA
amatuer hour i see.......

I bet...

Mike C.

Mike C.

LED4LIFE

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • Joined 29 Jan 2012
  • Cooper City, Florida
I am about to make my order to ReefCleaners, I plan to be here when the order gets in.
Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image

JamieSheffield

JamieSheffield

10 Gallon Ghetto-Tanker

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Joined 23 Nov 2011
  • Lake Clear, NY
I've placed/received 3 flawless orders with John, and he is incredibly responsive to emails...not getting in touch with him first is whine-fail...

Jamie

GiantBen

GiantBen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,065 posts
  • Joined 26 Jan 2009
  • North Bay, CA

amatuer hour i see.......

Well I thought it was funny. Like you said; you are hard to impress. How impressive of you.

Edited by GiantBen, 27 February 2012 - 10:39 AM.

aap15

aap15

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 28 Nov 2011
  • Westerville, OH
I emailed John late saturday to make a correction to may order details and he responded back very early Sunday morning. From what others have reviewed about reefcleaners and John customer service and communication I would think anyone should feeling comfortable order from him. And if there is something wrong i'm sure if you would have contacted him, he would have made it right.

Edited by aap15, 27 February 2012 - 10:43 AM.

jefferzbooboo

jefferzbooboo

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 08 Oct 2006
No, I didn't miss my shipment, I was there both Friday and Saturday waiting at the mail box for the package, got my mail in hand from the Post Lady. I wouldn't have minded If I would have got a couple extra of what I ordered, but like the hermits I don't want them, what do I with them?
Here's the numbers copied on the packages:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mike C.

Mike C.

LED4LIFE

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • Joined 29 Jan 2012
  • Cooper City, Florida

I emailed John late saturday to make a correction to may order details and he responded back very early Sunday morning. From what others have reviewed about reefcleaners and John customer service and communication I would think anyone should feeling comfortable order from him. And if there is something wrong i'm sure if you would have contacted him, he would have made it right.

+1

cuboy

cuboy

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Joined 02 Aug 2008
maybe he didnt remember if he sent out your package so he printed out another copy of the slip and sent the 2nd package.

But honestly, IDK how you would get a package on monday. If he sent it out maybe on tues or wed, and it didnt get to you till monday, that's a shipping issue. I've ordered from john a few times, and i think they leave the package at the door.

Mike C.

Mike C.

LED4LIFE

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • Joined 29 Jan 2012
  • Cooper City, Florida
Did you try to contact him before making this post? If so, the pictures of the packaging are irrelevant. All you had to do was make a quick search on this page to realize that John goes above and beyond for his customers. ABOVE and BEYOND.

civickm

civickm

iReefer

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 07 Dec 2006
  • Denver Tech Center, CO
I have an issue with my BRS order from the group buy and I plan to post it after the issue is resolved its not fair if you don't give the company a chance to correct the issue.

event.png

1fishmonger

1fishmonger

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,054 posts
  • Joined 08 Sep 2010
^^ Whatever the issue is, I'm sure BRS will make it right... They're a class act all the way IME.

Wait so you're complaining that you got free hermits?
Post them for free on a local forum/Craigslist or just bring them into a LFS...

Was your entire order DOA or did it just smell bad? I wouldn't exactly expect a bag of snails to smell like flowers but then again, I don't know what flowers smell like :D

Edited by 1fishmonger, 27 February 2012 - 10:52 AM.

mbonus

mbonus

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 07 Sep 2010
Hermits hitchhiked into one of my orders, it happens. If you don't want them give them to your local fish store or a fellow reefer.