Coral Vue Hydros

New to the salty side

convict2161

I have a BC 29 fully modded with a inTank media basket with filter media,purigen and bottom rack cheato,jbj LED fuge light,Tunze 9002 skimmer with upgraded cup (also did the airline mod,I cut the tab in chamber 1 to allow more flow, 2 Koralia 425 power heads, Koralia pro wave maker, gutted my stock hood and added the AI SOL Blue LED light system with control module per the tech I spoke with the light will remain at 50% for awhile, I was able to keep the stock hood and the stock splash guard which was nice. I also run chemi pure elite in chamber 1 with my heater and I upgraded the pump to the MJ 1200. I think thats it....

Anyway I've had the tank for almost 2 months now, I have 2 clown fish,a goby, scooter blenny and a coral beauty. I have a few corals, some mushrooms,candy cane, some leathers, 1 sps, 2 lps, and a duncan.

My water conditions have been fine,calcium is on point along with other tests, I did have a huge phosphate issue that is now under control :)

Temp is steady 76-78, I did however battle a heat issue under stock lighting so bad that I didn't need the heater.

I've heard 2 different things so I figured I'd throw myself to the members for some straight forward advice or criticism, I fell victim to the LFS and went with it.

So with all that said, some say too much too soon and I'm doomed and others say, stay on top of it,continue my weekly water changes and just keep on trucking. I will have pictures soon to post! I bought my wife a nice camera so tomorrow she's going to take some nice shots and I'll post a bunch!

Oh I also have a CUC

3 peppermint shrimp

5 nerite snails

5 nassarius snails

3 turbo snails

3 blue legged hermit crabs

3 mexican red legged hermit crabs

2 emerald crabs

and I believe 4 cerith snails

so what do you think?

Parameters

Calcium 420

salinity 1.025

pH 8.2

magnesium 1250-1280

ammonia for some reason is always been 0.1 never moves

phosphate is now under 5 after a long battle

trates and trites are good

I'm all yours and PLEASE be gentle ;)

Blazzin Reefer

Yo Convict, the way I see it is you put together a stout set up! If everthing is thriving and doing well who cares what anyone thinks! Can't wait to see some pics! I just put together a Biocube 29 HQI and am learning alot. I'm in week two and gonna start on my clean up crew today. I too just bought my wife a new camera and will be uploading photos soon, late.

Yo Convict, the way I see it is you put together a stout set up! If everthing is thriving and doing well who cares what anyone thinks! Can't wait to see some pics! I just put together a Biocube 29 HQI and am learning alot. I'm in week two and gonna start on my clean up crew today. I too just bought my wife a new camera and will be uploading photos soon, late.

Thanks for the reply! As soon as she takes the pics I'll post them!! Thanks again! I worked hard on it and REALLY stay on top of it!! Pictures soon!!!

Blazzin Reefer
Thanks for the reply! As soon as she takes the pics I'll post them!! Thanks again! I worked hard on it and REALLY stay on top of it!! Pictures soon!!!

For sure can't wait to see them. So I went to lfs today and went big, two snails, one pepermint shrimp 10 hermit crabs and first fish a Purpl firefish! All look happy so will see what happens. Water tested real clean today at lfs. I'm taking pictures tomorrow, late!

Blazzin Reefer
Nice setup. What lfs are u going too?

What up petking? If your asking me, I went to Xtreme Marine in Ventura, Ca. Guys are friendly and they hooked me up on my Biocube HQI best price in town and on the web 400.00! So I just feed new fish and cuc and everbody happy! Where do u shop I noticed u in Cali.

petkingdom619

Ya I'm more south than that. I Go to aquatic warehouse sometimes to buy fish. I get my coral online. I need to make a trip up that way. I've herd good things about that place

should have never left FW you cant drink a reef tank if the grid goes down and the zombies come.

save your reefing money and buy ammo imo.

i only say this because my current employment doesnt allow me to have time to devote to a reef. :lol:

slow your roll.... let it grow in a bit.

edit: my 2 cents.

fish are over rated, have poor resale value and negatively affect your water quality. but i understand if you want something moving around in there. personally, i dont go too fish crazy.

Blazzin Reefer
Ya I'm more south than that. I Go to aquatic warehouse sometimes to buy fish. I get my coral online. I need to make a trip up that way. I've herd good things about that place

My Doctor was just teeling me about this place http://www.vividaquariums.com

Check it out online or in person in Canoga Park, Ca.

He tells me they have everything! I can't wait to go check out the store. I just found out about them on friday and checked out thier website and looked great!

Yo Convict did you take some pictures today? I did and will post them later on tank page!

Archived