Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Feeding Tail Spot Blenny

MFChop

Omnivores, they eat what they can get.

I just got mine today so I fed him whatever he would eat but I will be getting him some blue/green alage food soon.

Mine eats all kind of food, Mysis, Brine, Flakes, Pallets......

+1 to all of these, just because website(even liveaquaria.com) says something it's not always true.

When I had tailspot, it ate whatever I fed it, so I would say it is an omnivore. Just like some "carnivores" will eat herbivore food as well...

Seriously, why are you saying "no" to what their tail spots are eating if you're asking what they eat?... Mine likes to eat mysis as well and eats the algae on the rock and glass all day long. Some blennies also have habits of nibbling on corals as well, that doesn't make them completely herbivore either does it?

Tangs are herbivores as well but I'm pretty sure anyone would tell you they go gaga for brine shrimp and mysis anyday. Been to petco and petsmart and see a dead fish? There's bound to be a pleco (known herbivore) nomming on it.

Just if you're going to ask something, you should appreciate the responses people give you based upon their experiences and learn from it. Why bother asking if you're going to disagree?...

mine eats everything as well. when i first got him he had a hunger for sps polyps.. gladly he stopped and switched to grazing on what he was supposed to.

• 1 month later...
Kfmmartin19

Mine eats Ocean Nutrition Formula 2 flakes. Had no interest in any food for about a week. Now he gets very excited whenever I put something edible in the tank.

Blennylover14

Tail spot blennies eat primarily plant matter as its main diet. Many blennies will accept mysis and or brine shrimp. But beware they won't strive for good health with just meaty foods include herbivorous foods to like formula2 etc. or even try feeding him nori. He will try to nip at the ends of it because he has basically no teeth. Tail spots graze on hair algae and other green algae primarily on the rocks or glass as well.

A tasty treat for him is also live bloodworms:D

Just an update,

Hes been grazing but hasnt touch any other type of food yet

Try live bloodworms

Or nori

Mine liked nori but would never eat it as a sheet, i always had to crumble it up and mix it with water and squirt it at him. He also went after hikari s pellets, and in general would strike at anything that went past his perch that looked small enough for him to eat.

I feed my guys elos pellets. When I first got my tail spot he was shy, but now he's pretty bold. One o fmy favorite guys. tons of personality. He eats everything I throw in.

Archived