inTank Media Baskets

Anyone using a JBJ Nano Glo on an AC70?

coachfraley

Hey,

I am planning on running a converted AC70 fuge, and I am looking at different lighting options. I was considering cutting a hole in the AC70 lid and connecting a JBJ nano glo. It might be an expensive way to light the fuge, but it would be low profile and it should look much better than a lot of options.

Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks!

I didn't even cut a hole. I just put it directly on the back. The smoked plastic does cut the light intensity, but I'm using the AC70 as a refugium for my pico, and I've had no problems with chaeto growth.

• 1 month later...
coachfraley
no ,i didn't try that .although it is expensive ,i think it is worth of trying .

I wound up doing it, works great! I cut a hole in the lid and then used stick on bumpers to raise the light about an eight of an inch above the lid. The little gap allows the moisture to escape, so condensation doesn't form on the light. Here is a pic:

ac70b.gif

Islandoftiki
I didn't even cut a hole. I just put it directly on the back. The smoked plastic does cut the light intensity, but I'm using the AC70 as a refugium for my pico, and I've had no problems with chaeto growth.

Same here. I attached it to the back of my AC70 with some velcro strips so I don't have to have the magnet inside. it's so bright that it seems to bleach out the chaeto close to the LEDs. The chaeto grows well though.

1A654511.jpg

30417BD0.jpg

Archived