Pod Your Reef

AIO or sump?

Maximus831

I ordered a 22g AIO tank from PicoAquariums.com and just ordered a stand. My original plan was to put it on my computer desk but I came across a relatively inexpensive stand at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details ) and thought wait a minute, why not turn the AIO into a tank with a sump? I sent a few (ok, a few thousand lol) emails to Chris at Pico and he said he could make it any way I want. I can't say enough good things about Chris as he kept fielding my questions left and right without hesitation. Anyways, I called up my buddy and asked him about the sump and he asked me why I wanted one? I told him I wanted to hide the heater, wires etc. He asked me if I was going to run a skimmer and I told him definitely not as I would just do frequent water changes. As I thought about this, my buddy and I came to the conclusion that I did not need a sump. The AIO would essentially hide all the equipment and wires in the back. I think the AIO would simplify things (the main reason why I took down my 100g) and would still look great without the sump. What do you guys/gals think? Keep it an AIO or add the sump?

Sump that baby. Why not double or triple the water volume? It will keep things more stable in the long run. I like sumps alot. The keep the display alot less cluttered.

Archived