SaltCritters.com

I so wanna setup something like this!

civickm

This is a tank at the Waikiki Aquarium in Honolulu. Its so cool the water overflows the entire tank and uses real sunlight for the calms. That center calm is huge!

<a href="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/civickm/Trips/Waikiki%20Aquarium/BigClams-1.jpg" target="_blank">th_BigClams-1.jpg</a>

http://www.waquarium.org/coral-farms-and-giant-clams.html

Zeroedge aquariums. Pretty cool stuff, but it will destroy your wallet. And you gotta clean both sides of the glass :D

Zero edge aquariums are a double edged sword lol...price and cleaning both side...pacific east aquaculture has one its cool. A clam biotope like that would be cool though

It's easy enough to do, but do you want to deal with the maintenance? If so all you really need to do is put a rimless tank inside a slightly larger tank, and suspend it so that the bottom of the display meets the "sump" water level. Now build a top for your stand that covers the lower tank and leaves an appropriate gap around the display. Then drill the bottom panel for your return line(s). Make sure it's all PERFECTLY level, and open a thread!

I've always thought a cylinder/column tank of this fashion would be really cool, no corners would take zero-edge to a whole new level! Hope that you at least give it a shot, I'd really like to see it happen.

well if I was going to do this i would have siwelk clean it :D :D but I have seen a tank like this done in Florida for fresh water as a above ground pond part of his zen garden. The guy still has it and its still just as nice when he built it 15 years ago. One issue he ran in to was making sure it was leveled correctly and when a hurricane hits lol

well if I was going to do this i would have siwelk clean it :D :D but I have seen a tank like this done in Florida for fresh water as a above ground pond part of his zen garden. The guy still has it and its still just as nice when he built it 15 years ago. One issue he ran in to was making sure it was leveled correctly and when a hurricane hits lol

That sounds awesome. Do you halve access to any pictures?

That sounds awesome. Do you halve access to any pictures?

I can reach out to my friend in Florida and see if my old neighbor will let him take pictures. The guy is a bit off :D

I can reach out to my friend in Florida and see if my old neighbor will let him take pictures. The guy is a bit off :D

A guy with a pond that sweet can't be too off.

Archived