Cultivated Reef

Light Cycle

Thornchase

I havent found a good answer to my question through my search... I am setting up a jbj 3g pico with stock lighting. What would be a good photo period? 8, 10, 12 hrs? what would be the best?

Different ppl do different things average is probably around nine hours on. The more they are own though the easier it is for pest algae to grow. I used to light 12 on 12 off but ive backed it down to 10 on 14 off with a fuge on the opposite cylce. Considering backing it down some more.

do you have actinics, daylights, and moonlights available for different times? if so, i run my actinics from 9am-6:30pm, daylights from 12-4pm, and moonlights for however long i want too. If you don't have that though, i'd run them for 9-10 hours, like james is saying.

do you have actinics, daylights, and moonlights available for different times? if so, i run my actinics from 9am-6:30pm, daylights from 12-4pm, and moonlights for however long i want too. If you don't have that though, i'd run them for 9-10 hours, like james is saying.

Thats actually how mine are set but my actinics are timed to come on at noon and daylights at 1:00 that way everything is still lit up for me to watch when i get home from work for a while.

Thats actually how mine are set but my actinics are timed to come on at noon and daylights at 1:00 that way everything is still lit up for me to watch when i get home from work for a while.

do you have moonlights running in the morning?

i have a jbj and I'm running the light for 8hrs. so far so good. with my other tanks ive done, i do 10hrs actinic, 8 hrs actinic/daylights, and 24hr moonlights.

do you have moonlights running in the morning?

Lol well i have one blue led it is own always except for about 4 hours at night. The fixture came with two leds but one quit working.

Archived