Top Shelf Aquatics

Is it OK to feed RBTA anemone daily for a week or so?

duganderson

I just got a couple small clowns that I'm hoping my RBTA will host. I'm feeding the RBTA mices daily in order to encourage the clowns to check it out.

Is it a problem to feed the RBTA anemone daily for a week or two?

It's base is about 4" wide and it is in a 28 gallon Nano Cube.

Thanks, Doug

If its hungry it will eat.... Least that's my own personal experience with mine. My female hosted within hours but didn't allow the male in for almost 2 months.. She was greedy I guess lol

Keep in mind though that it is possible to overfeed the anemone and sometime "but not always" not all of the food will be digested and a bacterial infection can develop inside the anemones intestinal track

Wait... a couple small clowns?

Keep 2 clowns (I'm assuming you got all the same species) and take the rest back, unless you want them killing each other

As for the RBTA, how much are you feeding each time?

Keep in mind though that it is possible to overfeed the anemone and sometime "but not always" not all of the food will be digested and a bacterial infection can develop inside the anemones intestinal track

Rotting food in its gut is pretty much your only worry

Keep 2 clowns (I'm assuming you got all the same species) and take the rest back, unless you want them killing each other

A couple = 2.

Why are you feeding your anemone mice? :P

They are both young Ocellaris.

I'm feeding them a frozen piece of Mices smaller than a pea (about 10 shrimp in there).

--Doug

A couple =2

A couple = 2.

Why are you feeding your anemone mice? :P

HAHAHA I saw that to and the first thing that popped into my head was frozen pinky mice LOL

mousepinky50pack.jpg

Pinkies.jpg

Never really understood people saying you can't keep different clowns together. I keep 3 different kinds of clowns in my 75. What is next I can't keep my 2 chihuahuas and my pitbull together?

Archived