Top Shelf Aquatics

3x 10watt diy led fixture

MOJOEJOEJOE

MOJOEJOEJOE

post-48841-1331828448_thumb.jpg

Hers is a color picture. It makes it a little bit easier to follow.

post-48841-1331828448_thumb.jpg

Hers is a color picture. It makes it a little bit easier to follow.

I get lost when I have to wire an LCD up, you need to know what the pins are on the LCD then you have to declare them on arduino....... It's worth the $10 to save all the pins and to have to use just IC2 at a whopping 2 pins. For PWM stuff you can do a lot of banks if you use a multiplexer :D Texas instruments makes a nice one, a tlc40 I can't remember.

MOJOEJOEJOE

I have a mux shield at work and used it on one of our development projects. It really has a lot of I.O but for some reason I could only get 1 bank to work at a time. Check out this video it`s pretty cool. It`s the same shield that I used at work for my project.

I get lost when I have to wire an LCD up, you need to know what the pins are on the LCD then you have to declare them on arduino....... It's worth the $10 to save all the pins and to have to use just IC2 at a whopping 2 pins. For PWM stuff you can do a lot of banks if you use a multiplexer :D Texas instruments makes a nice one, a tlc40 I can't remember.

I think the LCD script was the worst part of this whole project. I have a graphic LCD with 6 lines so trying to report things was difficult at first but I found a good library that I was able to use. As far as wiring , it was pretty easy with this LCD. NOKIA 5510....

PM me your code - I have a full year sun cycle I wrote I could hook you up with if you want - but I would need to see how you declared your PWM slopes to change it to work for you. Nice build

Also you attach code with [ code ] [/ code ] without the spaces

MOJOEJOEJOE
PM me your code - I have a full year sun cycle I wrote I could hook you up with if you want - but I would need to see how you declared your PWM slopes to change it to work for you. Nice build

Also you attach code with [ code ] [/ code ] without the spaces

i`m at work so I can pm you a little later. That would be cool if you could help me out. Thanks

i`m at work so I can pm you a little later. That would be cool if you could help me out. Thanks

No prob ;) I <3 coding lol

MOJOEJOEJOE
No prob ;) I <3 coding lol

PM sent..I could not find an easy way to send the file so sorry for the shock when you open the mail and see the whole code in the mail. Sorry but that`s the only way I could send it LOL.

MOJOEJOEJOE

I really like the color of my lights now but I think I might add more white to the mix. The color is real blue to the eye and it might be just a tad too much. I came home to find my fan barely moving and I found that the speed sensor died. I tied it high and bypassed the sensor so it runs much faster then I want. The good news is that my hood temp was only at 87f so my heat sink seems to be working good. I would prefer to keep it cooler because it`s cramped in there and my controller is close to everything and I don`t want to overheat it. I have a better fan at work so I will get that in the morning and wire it up. I also got the rest of my temp sensors so I will get them wired up as well. I started to work on a second design and got my heat sink cut this morning and also started to cut some side plates for it. This is going to be a stream lined version of what I have and the controller will be mounted in a separate area. I stated to draw it pro-e so I should have a model of it in a couple days to put up on here. I think I will like it even better.

Here is a complete layout of my light set up. I`m not sure how to attach the code so for now this all I have.

post-48841-1331893655_thumb.jpg

Does this MOSFET driver auto adjust current or?

LEDs need much more current than fan so I'm cofused about this.

EDIT: you don't use RTC or you just didn't include one in this design?

MOJOEJOEJOE
Does this MOSFET driver auto adjust current or?

LEDs need much more current than fan so I'm cofused about this.

EDIT: you don't use RTC or you just didn't include one in this design?

I will add the RTC to the diagram and try add a good description of the circuit.It`s fairly easy to hook up. All the outputs are individual and only draw what they need from the mosfet.My power supply can handle up to 8 amps I think. The fan is on it`s own output at 12vdc so it sees less current then the led`s.The LED`S run at about a max of 60% duty cycle or so. I measured the amount of current on my whole circuit including all led`s and the fan and it was about 4 amps or so.

I will add the RTC to the diagram and try add a good description of the circuit.It`s fairly easy to hook up. All the outputs are individual and only draw what they need from the mosfet.My power supply can handle up to 8 amps I think. The fan is on it`s own output at 12vdc so it sees less current then the led`s.The LED`S run at about a max of 60% duty cycle or so. I measured the amount of current on my whole circuit including all led`s and the fan and it was about 4 amps or so.

Thanks for answer

I'm asking about this drivers because I have one and my original plan was to use it with DC pumps instead original wavecontroler. I will buy one more and use it for that, this one is going to drive LEDs and fan(s).

MOJOEJOEJOE
Thanks for answer

I'm asking about this drivers because I have one and my original plan was to use it with DC pumps instead original wavecontroler. I will buy one more and use it for that, this one is going to drive LEDs and fan(s).

Try it out and bench test it. Any DIY project has some risk I guess but so far me it has worked well for me. Just be careful and make sure everything is set up in a safe manner. I cant say this is fail proof but I have no problem going to sleep without worrying about it failing and catching fire or anything like that. If you want a copy of my code let me know.

Archived