Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My new Maxima Clam

cyber98

Looks more like a Crocea, I think they prefer to be in the sand.

Very nice clam nonetheless!

How abt nowish :/ my Lfs mounted that thing on a rock and i cant remove it..could you please confirm whether this is crocea or Maxima

Thank you :)

I'm going to say crocea stil because of the relatively smooth shell.

In this pic you can see the shell of my Maxima in the bottom right. See the "plates"

P2030010.jpg

Also, croceas tend to have larger mantles and different color schemes than Maximas. Here is a top down shot of my max:

P1010015.jpg

I'm going to say crocea stil because of the relatively smooth shell.

In this pic you can see the shell of my Maxima in the bottom right. See the "plates"

P2030010.jpg

Also, croceas tend to have larger mantles and different color schemes than Maximas. Here is a top down shot of my max:

P1010015.jpg

Thats one sweet Clam you got there :) and thanks..

now i need to know how to get it out of the damn rock I think he used super glue...is it going to be alright on that rock?

Thats one sweet Clam you got there :) and thanks..

now i need to know how to get it out of the damn rock I think he used super glue...is it going to be alright on that rock?

Yes, he will be fine on the rock. A lot of people let their croceas attatch to something then bury that in the sand. Don't attempt to take the clam off of the rock, changes are you will damage it's foot.

Yes, he will be fine on the rock. A lot of people let their croceas attatch to something then bury that in the sand. Don't attempt to take the clam off of the rock, changes are you will damage it's foot.

Perfect, Thank you for your inputs

Its a Crocea. Croceas are rock borring clams and require the most light of all tridacnas

Whoops, guess I had em confused. Every time I see a crocea at a store here it's on the sand.

is it going to be fine in my RSM 130D? I am planning to upgrade to LED, but I am currently using the stock light

Archived