Pod Your Reef

Hitchhicker from my second order.

gupebreedr

Hey John,

Just a quick note to let you know that this little guy was in a bag of snails I received from you in my second order. He was pretty small when you sent him about a month ago, smaller then a dime and this is what he looks like as of today, quarter size. Any idea what type of urchin he may be? Any concerns that I should have about him? He's currently housed in a 56G. He's quite amusing and he really makes his rounds in the tank.

Thanks much,

Rob

2012-02-16_175509-1.jpg

Pin cushion urchin

I had 4 in my 75g. As I'm sure you've noticed already they pick everything that isn't glued down up and wear it around the tank.

Hey John,

Just a quick note to let you know that this little guy was in a bag of snails I received from you in my second order. He was pretty small when you sent him about a month ago, smaller then a dime and this is what he looks like as of today, quarter size. Any idea what type of urchin he may be? Any concerns that I should have about him? He's currently housed in a 56G. He's quite amusing and he really makes his rounds in the tank.

Thanks much,

Rob

2012-02-16_175509-1.jpg

Looks like a pincushion sp.

Pin cushion urchin

I had 4 in my 75g. As I'm sure you've noticed already they pick everything that isn't glued down up and wear it around the tank.

Indeed, he's nicely decked out with snail shells. Thanks for the ID.

Rob

+1 thanks for filling in guys! These guys sometimes come in on algae we carry, they stay fairly small for awhile but as you can see they like to wear camo and can be a bit of a pain. Guess one decided to wear some dwarf ceriths to make an escape...

Archived