Cultivated Reef

my JBJ 3g pico

leonel619

tank looks nice is that a hair mushroom( rhodactis)?

thanks guys, and yes it is. when i got it it looked half the size. didn't realize it was gonna expand this big. might have to trade it for a much smaller one.

Any plans to upgrade the lighting? I have 2 stock Picotope lamps that I don't know what to do with...One has never even been plugged in! I'd put them up on the hardware classifieds but I don't think anyone would be interested...lol

Huge mushroom, for sure...Whenever I go coral shopping, I tend to look for the smallest pieces they have...recently I've been interested in buying larger combo rocks and maybe fragging them into smaller pieces...

Nice Tank! :D

thanks!

i plan on getting an LED light but still trying to decide if i want to go with a par bulb, DIY or even LED strips..

i was actually thinking of maybe adding an extra stock light to the tank but i think ill just wait and do LEDs.

id go with the boost par30. mine has been more then amazing.

yeah I'm leaning more towards a PAR bulb. where did u get yours? and what optics is it? thanks

What bulb is that? I am trying to get on for my birthday and was looking at the Par38 by BoostLED

http://www.rapidled.com/7-led-par38-bulb/

well i was originally going to order a boostPAR38 in the next couple of weeks, but the stock light i had running on the pico gave out on me so i needed a fast replacement. a local reefer was selling an ebay par38 so this is what I'm using for now.

What brand of heater you got in the ac50? And what kinda media are you running?

im using chemi-pure Elite and running a 50w tetra(i think) heater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
gearhead364

Im looking into getting a boost par30 do you like it more than the par38 you were running? was there a big difference? and the tank looks great!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice pico you have going. How high is the par30 from the water line ?

i had it about 11-12 inches from the surface

Im looking into getting a boost par30 do you like it more than the par38 you were running? was there a big difference? and the tank looks great!

i liked both of them but the reason why i went with the boost par 30 was because it had 60 degree optics so i wasnt getting a spotlight look.

Archived