Coral Vue Hydros

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you should probably start with just 2 fish first for a few weeks and add corals slowly. buying a bunch all at once in a 14g isnt a great idea.

Did you ever decide on what light upgrade is best for you?

2 fish would be way more bioload then 8-10 coral frags. I won't be adding fish until April or May probably. I want the AI Nano for the tank but I'm going to wait 3 months to be sure.

WOW Banshee!! over 1,000 views on your thread!!

:o I haz a popularz! B)

Oh...can I join????? :lol:

All are welcome!

3/6/12 update! The cycle is OVER!

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 20-40 (5 after WC)

Did a 75% WC and now I'm going coral shopping! :D Happy 3 week birthday to my tank!

Added 3-6-12:

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

cleanershrimp.jpg

Candy Cane

coral.jpg

Toadstool Leather?

leather.jpg

Mushroom Rock

mushroomrock.jpg

Xenia:

xenia.jpg

FTS:

FTS.jpg

My receipt says:

Green Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral

Candy Cane Coral

Blue Mushroom (this one decided to detach and roll into the back of the aquarium -_- )

White Pom Pom Xenia

Nano Mushroom (the rock)

And I added 3 trochus snails, only paid for 2. Somebody can't count!

Cool...I'm honored :happy:

If you really need something to fill space, try a Kenya Tree. Just be forewarned that it will grow like crazy :lol: I don't regret mine...yet ;)

I have one on my list! I'm going to take the kids to another LFS tonight to look and see what else we can find. I'm waivering on zoas but I definitely want some star polyps, cloves and an orange cup coral. A frogspawn or a brain are maybes. I want to see a clown host in my tank eventually!

LOL coral fever!

Looks great good choices on first corals. ;)

Definitely infected with the fever! My wallet is feeling the burn! :lol:

Thanks! I tried to focus on corals that are photosynthetic and hardy so that I won't kill them! ;)

Tonight my corals looked happy, big and open, so I added some coral frenzy and a few pellets. My cleaner shrimp went crazy! Totally freaked my hubby out. :P I noticed my blue mushroom that rolled under a rock had ended up within reach so I moved him to the rock with the green ricordea where he will hopefully attach! Of course this made the other corals angry and they all closed up. -_- But I'm still happy because I found an awesome open brain at the LFS and picked it up for a steal!

But I tested my params and my nitrite went back up a little, 0.5 - 1, and nitrates are at 20. So I'm getting a 2 gallon water change ready for tomorrow. I think I'll do 2 gallons 2-3x per week until everything is stable again. I guess it's a good thing I won't be adding anything else for awhile. I'm going from contract to permanent at my company which means going from weekly paychecks to monthly so I'll be waiting until the end of next month for a paycheck. :o Time to enjoy watching what I have grow and daydream about what I'll be adding in a month!

So here's some pictures for the day!

Tank Inspector:

ash3-7-12.jpg

New brain:

brain.jpg

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp going crazy! I think I'll name him Gus. :happy:

skunk.jpg

FTS:

FTS3-7-12.jpg

Blazzin Reefer

Looks Great! Nice job, doesn't it feel very satisfying? Good choice. I put some pics up too. Check out my blazzin BC link down bellow. I too get paid once a month and am done for a couple weeks on coral. I may add a fish if I come across the right one. For now my Purple dart is finding him self at home! My paired shrimp and watchman gobie are still very scared. Corals are looking great and open all the way. I'm gonna let tank settle for a little bit. Now we have to be patient some more, after our quicked lived shopping spree. We are in this together and its nice to have someone along side in same boat. Congrats!!!!!! Good job!!!!!!!

Here is snap shot.

post-72589-1331180631_thumb.jpg

Lots more pics on my Blazzin BC page.

Looks great! Awesome brain and darling little girl :happy:

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased so far. I can't wait for my corals to GROW! :) They can't possibly grow any faster than my little ones! :lol:

Really looks good! Your little one is a cutie! She likes the camera! ;)

Thanks! She's a ham! :happy:

Looks Great! Nice job, doesn't it feel very satisfying? Good choice. I put some pics up too. Check out my blazzin BC link down bellow. I too get paid once a month and am done for a couple weeks on coral. I may add a fish if I come across the right one. For now my Purple dart is finding him self at home! My paired shrimp and watchman gobie are still very scared. Corals are looking great and open all the way. I'm gonna let tank settle for a little bit. Now we have to be patient some more, after our quicked lived shopping spree. We are in this together and its nice to have someone along side in same boat. Congrats!!!!!! Good job!!!!!!!

Here is snap shot.

post-72589-1331180631_thumb.jpg

Lots more pics on my Blazzin BC page.

Looking great Blaz! I can't wait to check out your thread! I just have to get caught up on actual work first! No fun! :P

3-8-12

Temp: 79.5

Sg: 1.024

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0.50

Nitrate: 10

Calcium: 340

Dkh: 11

Phosphate: 0

Did a 2 gallon water change and have 2 more gallons brewing. I need to get my calcium up to 400-ish for the brain right?

Hey Banshee !! Tanks looking great by the way.. As far as Calcium I have been using KENT MARINE NANO REEF PARTS A & B in my tank daily and it works great. My calcium is sitting around 450 as of last night and that is the only additive I've been putting in the tank. Just an idea ;)

Hey Banshee !! Tanks looking great by the way.. As far as Calcium I have been using KENT MARINE NANO REEF PARTS A & B in my tank daily and it works great. My calcium is sitting around 450 as of last night and that is the only additive I've been putting in the tank. Just an idea ;)

Thanks. I started adding Kent Liquid Calcium, just a few drops. I'll test again tonight and see where it is and keep working from there.

Guess who decided to step out and be social this morning! :D

My pom pom crab!

crab.jpg

crab2.jpg

pompomcrab.jpg

I really need a better camera! ;)

Your boxing crab looks awesome!! They are my absolute fav.. I am planning on adding when one becomes available around here.

Your boxing crab looks awesome!! They are my absolute fav.. I am planning on adding when one becomes available around here.

Is that another name for the pom pom? I don't recognize it! I love him (her?)!

Lucky!!!! Your pom pom crab has beautiful big poms :happy:

I know! I was so worried he would come without the nems but his are huge and beautiful. I need to get more of these crabs now! :wub:

Archived