Innovative Marine Aquariums

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

My macros came today! :D Then my male emerald had them for dessert. :angry: Hope they were tasty because that was $30 down the drain! To top it off the frogspawn I've been waiting for didn't show up and the tracking info didnt change. I think it's lost in postal hell somewhere. :tears: What an awful day for my tank!

The only good news is I think I can order the other Panorama module tomorrow so I can upgrade my lighting. Then I'm going to take the asshat emeralds back to the LFS and try to find a new clown.

Did all my tests tonight too.

Temp: 79.3

pH: 8.0

ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Phosphate: 0

dKH: 11

Calcium: 460

I purposely overfed a little to muddy up the water some and changed up the flow. Maybe I'll have happy Xenia tomorrow. :huh:

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit the bullet and ordered the other Panorama Pro module. Also ordered a dozen ricordea so I can be like Gena! :lol: Hopefully my frogspawn will show up alive and well tomorrow so I can relax!

Heehee :happy: Did you order the 12 for $99 deal at Coral Morphologic??????? You won't regret that purchase. Ricordeas are awesome!!!!!!!!!! Since I added the extra light to my tank the ric colors have exploded with awesomeness. I stared at my tank quite a bit today :lol:

I hope your frogspawn arrives tomorrow too. What color is it?

Funny enough...I never had a problem acclimating my corals to the new lighting. I went full blast with zero issues. That was coming from the stock lighting. The only things that freaked out when I switched up the lighting were the fish :lol:

Hiii! I love your signature photo. Your rock is super cool. I have one 50/50 panorama pro so I'm going to watch your tank and see if I really should get another strip. I'm thinking all blue. Is your xenia any better? I think they are moody corals. Mine pulsed when I first got it but now it doesn't pulse anymore, but it is growing.

I did order the coral morphological pack! Glad to hear I won't regret it. Their WYSIWYG section looked awesome so I figured it was a safe bet.

I think the frogspawn is plain green but not sure. Just hoping it shows up soon!

I'm hoping my corals will love the new lights! I already got a shipping notification!

Hi Ethan! My Xenia is still closed but it looks better somehow. I'm hopeful it will open today!

Xenia are filter feeders, being as you have been doing all those water changes, you were taking away their food source. They should start to perk back up when they get some food in their bellies :-) glad things are doing better in the tank. Keep us posted.

I did order the coral morphological pack! Glad to hear I won't regret it. Their WYSIWYG section looked awesome so I figured it was a safe bet.

I think the frogspawn is plain green but not sure. Just hoping it shows up soon!

I'm hoping my corals will love the new lights! I already got a shipping notification!

Hi Ethan! My Xenia is still closed but it looks better somehow. I'm hopeful it will open today!

I've ordered a few times from coral morphologic and have never been disappointed!!!! They have the weirdest/coolest insulated packaging too...you'll see when you open the box :)

Looking forward to seeing the rics in your tank :happy:

Xenia are not all the way open but are close! I went to the LFS and picked up a new o/w perc, some daisy polyps, AND a purple BTA! It's really cool. Hope it will do okay. It's wandering around looking for a spot now and I'm frantically rearranging things to keep them out of its way. I accidentally fragged my ric in the process. Hope it will be okay! The new clown is doing the submission shakes now. Crazy! Hadn't seen that before! Pics when things perk up! :D

Forgot to add, one of my hermits moved into a spare shell. And my pom pom crab has eggs! How cool is that?! :D Oh, and my frogspawn arrived too! Waiting for it to open now!

surgicalsense

Wonderful ... pictures :P and one of the xenia. Maybe I can see what is going on with it. Mine has done some weird stuff since I had for 4 months now.

TONS of pictures!

Green Clown Goby exploring:

April2012008.jpg

Pregnant Pom:

April2012011.jpg

April2012013.jpg

New clown:

April2012016.jpg

April2012017.jpg

April2012027.jpg

Purple BTA:

April2012018.jpg

April2012024.jpg

April2012025.jpg

Frogspawn:

April2012022.jpg

April2012023.jpg

Xenia:

April2012029.jpg

Mini Mini:

April2012031.jpg

April2012034.jpg

Metallic Green Daisy polyps starting to open:

April2012038.jpg

April2012039.jpg

FTS (BTA went to check out the back of the rocks during these):

April2012040.jpg

April2012041.jpg

April2012043.jpg

My tank is finally starting to look alive! :D Hope all the new additions (and the xenia) will be nice and perky by tomorrow so I can take more pics! ;)

TeflonTomDosh
TONS of pictures!

Green Clown Goby exploring:

April2012008.jpg

Pregnant Pom:

April2012011.jpg

April2012013.jpg

New clown:

April2012016.jpg

April2012017.jpg

April2012027.jpg

Purple BTA:

April2012018.jpg

April2012024.jpg

April2012025.jpg

Frogspawn:

April2012022.jpg

April2012023.jpg

Xenia:

April2012029.jpg

Mini Mini:

April2012031.jpg

April2012034.jpg

Metallic Green Daisy polyps starting to open:

April2012038.jpg

April2012039.jpg

FTS (BTA went to check out the back of the rocks during these):

April2012040.jpg

April2012041.jpg

April2012043.jpg

My tank is finally starting to look alive! :D Hope all the new additions (and the xenia) will be nice and perky by tomorrow so I can take more pics! ;)

Niiiiiice! Your tank is coming along real well. Just put my first few corals in yesterday, green star polyp, cactus, palys, zoas, a frogspawn, and a small leather. Wish me luck!

Looks like you had a fun day today!!!!!!! :happydance:

Is the base of the anemone just purple or the whole thing???? I see it has bubble tips already too :)

The foot is REALLY purple. The tips are a pale lavender. It seems to have found a home under the ledge on the left side of the tank. I fed some mysis shrimp last night and it seemed quite happy. I know they can get quite large but it's not a problem (yet). It hasn't stung anything or caused any issues and the spot it seems to have decided on was just empty sand and rock anyway. I read up on them and it says they expand when they need more food and tend to stay smaller under good lighting when they don't need as much food. Based on that I think I'll be okay since my new lighting should be here next week. If it becomes a problem I'll sell it but I'm hopeful that I can have it for a long time to come. :)

The new clown made it through the night! He's hanging out with the b/w clown by the powerhead right now. We're headed up to see my family for Easter so I hope everything will be open and happy when I get home tonight! :D

The foot is REALLY purple. The tips are a pale lavender.

Sounds so pretty!!!! I hope it does well for you too :)

It can just be the main focal point of your tank ;) Hopefully it will make its way to the front top center. I imagine it will move to more light eventually.

Glue those star polyps on the back wall and let them take over!

I want them to be like a lawn around my rock. :happy: If they decide to take a walk up the back wall that would be cool too. I may cut a frag off eventually and start it myself. Thanks for the idea!

Sounds so pretty!!!! I hope it does well for you too :)

It can just be the main focal point of your tank ;) Hopefully it will make its way to the front top center. I imagine it will move to more light eventually.

It is very pretty! I can't wait to see it under some good lighting! It's still in the back left corner. I'm okay with it as long as it's happy. I was kind of dreaming of having a nem tank in the future so I thought why not now? It's not like I have a thousand dollars worth of coral that are at risk yet anyway.

Everything is looking good so far today. The frogspawn is more open but still not completely. The daisy polyps are wide open and looking AWESOME! The xenia is half open and my cleaner shrimp molted again. I take it that means it's a pretty happy tank for now. ;) I did my water change for the week tonight. I'll run param tests tomorrow. For now I'm just happy to see things perking up. :D

Everything seemed like it was really opening this morning. The xenia, frogspawn, daisy polyps and my mushies were all big and fluffy. Then we came home from Easter dinner and the daisy polyps are completely closed, the xenia is half closed, the frogspawn is hiding again, and my ricordeas have been blown to the back of the tank. I don't know what kind of Easter celebration was going on in there but everything looks hungover now! :o Will I ever see everything open and happy all at the same time?!

So its not the temp.... how are things looking today? Could it be they are just hungry from the lack if anything to eat in the water column?

Archived