Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Deez new 2.3g extra long pico project

deeznutz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update!

Ok guys, i know I've been withholding pics from the build. So I'll play nice and post some pics.

As for the colour of the light, i love it. But I wanted this tank to be more actinic looking and have colours pop. I think I might pull the white out and add more blues. My Dt is this colour and I just want a change.

Heres a far angle. I really like this pic for some reason.

bc9a9696.jpg

Ok, so heres where i test fitted the light. I was going to leave it low, but I don't want to get salt creep on the leds. These Leds are only set to 10% and plenty bright. I think the highest I would be able to go is 35-40% tops.

feb16b42.jpg

Side view

838b62d7.jpg

3/4 shot

002d0f27.jpg

FTS

5fd4303b.jpg

Left side

c77915bf.jpg

and a few cool angles

c7d0e0d7.jpg

833642e6.jpg

b7bca05b.jpg

I got so excited after I hung the light that I added a few frags. Although I want this tank to be a zoa tank I added some sps as well.

Here's a list of the frags so far

-Purple Monster

-Fire and Ice milli

-Super man monti

-Orange and yellow zoa

-Green and yellow zoa

-yellowish green acro

Oh yeah the fun continued the next day. My daughter went down for a nap and my hung-over wife needed some rest. so I took advantage of the situation and took a trip to my locate fish store. I found a lot of goodies and a little gem that I've been looking for a long time. I guess every dog has their day :P

First pic is for Newman, thanks for the idea! Red rock anenome with a glass shrimp? Anyways he jumped right on and sways back and forth all day. Pretty cool combo! I'm going to get the marco lens out to get a better pic.

7c742dc6.jpg

13b6076a.jpg

I got this pink tube anenome. I'd like to have a shrimp host this one as well. But I'm not sure what would? any ideas? newman?

This guy looks much better under blue lights only.

132c7901.jpg

I got this little goby. I forget the name, but he's super small and clear with reddish orange dots. Oh yeah, he has a really high fin as well. maybe a high fin goby??? Any ideas? He's pretty skid-dish.

e754cbad.jpg

img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh217/danielnguyen1/13b6076a.jpg[/img]

Here he is again by the anenome. :o

Iphone pic :(

e384fef4.jpg

And the show stopper for me.

omgomgomg

A Dracula Goby with a little pistol shrimp. He's got tons of colour and most importantly he's eating :D I see that he has found his buddy and they are sharing a little tunnel together.

I think I've been pretty lucky with the pairs with weekend :) I also add baby 2 trochus snails.

Are dracula gobies jumpers? I hope not because this tank isn't covered :scarry:

841f238f.jpg

279da66f.jpg

857d47cc.jpg

Well that's all for now. I'm planning another photo shoot with a 100mm macro. I just have to get the colour right. i thought T5 were hard to shot under.

I hope everyone likes the tank so far. I'm so excited for it. Even more then my 150 display. I guess I'm weird that way hahaha. I'm already planning another pico. Needless to say the boss ain't happy :rant:

I hope it was worth the wait. God knows it took me and hour to post this ;)

Stay tuned for more pics and live stock

-dan

Looks good! Do you think it's a little early to add a fish?

No not at all. I have almost 300 gallons supporting this 2.3 gallons of lovely in the background :)

If it were a separate system then i would have had to cycle etc. Even at that point, I think the only fish I would have kept would be the goby.

The beauty with this pico tank compared to others is that it has the bio-filtration to keep it from crashing. No top ups, water changes, dosing etc. All i have to do is keep the glass clean, feed and add tiny living organisms.

I'm having so much fun with this tank. I'm trying to make it really diverse.

Sick! What other coral do you plan on getting?

Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoy it! I plan on keeping zoas in this tank. I have a 150g sps dominated DT tank as well. I'm sure some of my best pieces will end up in there :)

Looking really nice man, will be following.

Well done with the DIY light fixture looks really tidy mate.

Thanks man, the light turned out no bad eh? Pretty easy DIY project. Just a bit time consuming. But well worth the effort. I save myself about $270 for not buying the vertex :)

Looking sweet

Thanks man.

Very nice. That first goby is not a red banded hi fin. Those look like the dracula but with a hi-fin. Also, typically you need a slightly deeper sand bed for shrimp gobies/pistol combos as they dig tunnels.

Overall this is an awesome build! I can't wait to see it grow in.

Dope! Thats all I can say!

So sick!! Very nice.

Thanks b! Really appreciate it.

Very nice. That first goby is not a red banded hi fin. Those look like the dracula but with a hi-fin. Also, typically you need a slightly deeper sand bed for shrimp gobies/pistol combos as they dig tunnels.

Overall this is an awesome build! I can't wait to see it grow in.

Thanks man, I was waiting to see where they end up before I add a bit more sand. Those pistol shrimps are busy little bulldozers.

Most innovative new look I have seen in a while!

Keep up the original thinking!

Tank is awesome!

Thanks man, I'm glad I could freshen thing up a bit :)

:bowdown:

that is all.

Stop it, you're making me blush lol

Thanks man, I was waiting to see where they end up before I add a bit more sand. Those pistol shrimps are busy little bulldozers.

Yeah i hear that. I've only had the small candy-cane striped shrimp and they have holes from side to side and mounds 15 times bigger than them.

This is just sick, wow. :bowdown:

L

You are too kind :)

man that thing is awesome, going to look great packed with zoas, nice work!!

Thank man, I'm getting a bunch of zoas this weekend. I"m trading my sps for zoas. I love free stuff lol

:o Someone slap me I must be dreaming :slap:

Wow, thanks dude!

Yeah i hear that. I've only had the small candy-cane striped shrimp and they have holes from side to side and mounds 15 times bigger than them.

They sure are entertaining to watch. Shold I throw in different size piece of rumble for him to build with?

Amazing. That is all.

Thanks man, I'm following your build as well.

want to design one of these monster bad ass systems for me (:

Yeah sure, I've had a lot of request for that same thing. I'm pretty good with acrylic so I might just have to build 10 tanks and ship them out! B) As long as I can get the seams bubbless, I'm good to go.

Should i build 10 tanks with the same dimentions? 27x4x5

I'm going to come up with another light fixture design as well. I might as well build 10 of those too!

PIcture time!

Here's my tube anenome

9e32b77e.jpg

Here's ben and jerry

58a2e36a.jpg

Here's the long view of the tank, looks longer then it really is.

0803de53.jpg

Here's my goby shrimp combo making asses of themselves :P

0aeb3a61.jpg

51d9e7f0.jpg

d92e829c.jpg

randoms

bd704051.jpg

c1fa2bb7.jpg

0ffd7f21.jpg

7a36cf86.jpg

f87ecf9f.jpg

and the FTS

f893806f.jpg

Thanks for stopping by B)

-dan

They sure are entertaining to watch. Shold I throw in different size piece of rumble for him to build

I think once you add the additional sand it should be fine

i absolutely love the random sand hill look. it makes it look so natural! i've said this before, but damn i am jealoussss

Thanks man, I like that random look as well. You are too kind. Don't be jealous build one :)

I think once you add the additional sand it should be fine

Will do.

-dan

wow, we need tanks like this in the uk. we have some nice picos but nothing to this level!!!!! getting better with each update

Archived