Coral Vue Hydros

Full Spectrum LED tank pictures

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my current setup on my 12G AP.

I have 9 CREE XP-G R5 Cool White LED on one driver and

6 CREE XT-E Royal Blue LED & 3 Violet UV 3W LED on the other driver.

I'm interested in the new OCW but I don't know how many and where to place them. Here is a picture of my current setup.

P1010552-1.jpg

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
deep red, turquoise and cool blue?

You got it.

This is my current setup on my 12G AP.

I have 9 CREE XP-G R5 Cool White LED on one driver and

6 CREE XT-E Royal Blue LED & 3 Violet UV 3W LED on the other driver.

I'm interested in the new OCW but I don't know how many and where to place them. Here is a picture of my current setup.

P1010552-1.jpg

You just need two spread across the heatsink.

That would be a good combo! .. who needs more royal blue

you got it. Basically what we found is usually you mix these 3 in the same ratios to bring out the colors in corals, so we put them all on the same board, save you some time and worrying about getting the right ratios.

Can you add that somewhere on the product page for that 3-up? It's good if I'm reading here on nano-reef's what it is, but seems like it should be on the product page.

I would put the pod at the 5" and 15" mark of the tank, or just a little closer together.

Allright! Thanks so much. It looks like I am FINALLY close to making a decision .... sheesh. :huh:

OK, a couple more questions for you Milad:

1. Why do you recommend the three up vs individual If my design is linear... Wont I have more consistent results having lights all across instead of two seperate pods? I dont want to have that shadowy look on such a small tank and I would like the intensity to be constant across the tank.

2. So here's how my driver setup would look like, all look good?

Driver one @ 500mA: OC, TV

Driver two @ 700mA: RB

Driver Three @ 700mA: NW

3. Looking at the setup you recommended, I don't see alot of blue specially with the NW on the 3-ups. Do you think I'm better off adding more RB and going with CW instead since the OC has a red each?

Thanks again for all the advice.

Hate to be a pest, but you have demonstrated a willingness to guide one through this.

Designing my LED set up keeps getting waylayed by new offerings in the field.

Love the Makers heat sink. Here's my latest plan. Please let me know if something is amiss.

BC-14. Mount the Maker's nano heatsink kit in my existing hood. Run 3-3ups and one OCW. Drive and control all with the DIM-4.

3up

3up 3up

OCW

Or should I go topless and use the bridging mounts?

The layout isn't coming out right when posting. I tried to set up the three LED pods in a triangle with the OCW front center.

jedimasterben
Hate to be a pest, but you have demonstrated a willingness to guide one through this.

Love the Makers heat sink. Here's my latest plan. Please let me know if something is amiss.

BC-14. Mount the Maker's nano heatsink kit in my existing hood. Run 3-3ups and one OCW. Drive and control all with the DIM-4.

3up

3up 3up

OCW

The layout isn't coming out right when posting. I tried to set up the three LED pods in a triangle with the OCW front center.

Funny, it shows up properly in the quote screen!

I would do this, with TV being true violet:

layout.jpg

Funny, it shows up properly in the quote screen!

I would do this, with TV being true violet:

layout.jpg

The DIM-4 won't drive that many LEDs. To drive that many, I would need a driver, correct? Which I could do. Just trying to keep it simple and cost efficient. Put the 3ups on three channels from the controller and drive the TVs and the OCW on a meanwell?

mattclark82

Mild

Could you comment on where the solder pads are on the OCW stars? I am looking at the photos and I am having a hard time seeing it. Are they preliminary photos?

Also, the HVTV, is this something that will be out soon as well?

Thanks

Has anyone done a write up on the 3UPs over their tanks? :)

I'm running 3 as daylights and one as moonlights powered by the Dim4 over my Pico. Colour rendering is nice but I have ordered one of the exotic 3-up stars to replace one of the rb/nw stars.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Can you add that somewhere on the product page for that 3-up? It's good if I'm reading here on nano-reef's what it is, but seems like it should be on the product page.

We will have full spectral graphs up in the next week or so. Lots of holidays here so havent had a chance to get to it with everyone being off. I dont think we will post the wavelengths on the product page, just the graphs.

Allright! Thanks so much. It looks like I am FINALLY close to making a decision .... sheesh. :huh:

OK, a couple more questions for you Milad:

1. Why do you recommend the three up vs individual If my design is linear... Wont I have more consistent results having lights all across instead of two seperate pods? I dont want to have that shadowy look on such a small tank and I would like the intensity to be constant across the tank.

2. So here's how my driver setup would look like, all look good?

Driver one @ 500mA: OC, TV

Driver two @ 700mA: RB

Driver Three @ 700mA: NW

3. Looking at the setup you recommended, I don't see alot of blue specially with the NW on the 3-ups. Do you think I'm better off adding more RB and going with CW instead since the OC has a red each?

Thanks again for all the advice.

1. Pods do a much better color blending than linear design. Because of the optics, you won't get any spot lighting if you have the heatsink at the correct height. Take a peek at: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/pages/Choosing-...ight-optic.html

3up

3up 3up

OCW

Always glad to help

MakersLED is top notch! Highly recommend it.

The MakersLED heatsink is just a tad bigger than the hood so it will stick out a bit. Its about 3 1/8 inches deep. As long as you keep the splash shield of the MakersLED heatsink on, I think it will be fine. You just have to make sure the fan is getting air through.

I wouldnt go topless, The rim of the biocube doesnt look pretty in my opinion, unless you plan o doing something about it.

Just flank the OCW with the 3UPs and you are set.

Mild

Could you comment on where the solder pads are on the OCW stars? I am looking at the photos and I am having a hard time seeing it. Are they preliminary photos?

Also, the HVTV, is this something that will be out soon as well?

Thanks

Photos have been updated

Has anyone done a write up on the 3UPs over their tanks? :)

Check out tom haslett's build @ captive reefs (link on ledgroupbuy website). Also, you'll see similar "clusters" where people just buy 3 of the LED's and situate them as close as possible. This has been done a bunch of times, such as with bensanders: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3394902

and others on the comprehensive DIY LED list...

We will have full spectral graphs up in the next week or so. Lots of holidays here so havent had a chance to get to it with everyone being off. I dont think we will post the wavelengths on the product page, just the graphs.

1. Pods do a much better color blending than linear design. Because of the optics, you won't get any spot lighting if you have the heatsink at the correct height. Take a peek at: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/pages/Choosing-...ight-optic.html

Gotcha! I tried to place an order based on your suggestion, but i could not find the 120 optics on your site. Do you stock them?

jedimasterben
Gotcha! I tried to place an order based on your suggestion, but i could not find the 120 optics on your site. Do you stock them?

The LEDs come with 120° optics built in, so you don't need any lenses.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
is this good to cover 24" X 24" ?

led.jpg

Nice sketchup skills! Looks great. I would say that it wont be that tight of a grouping because the OCW is a 24mm star not a 20mm star so its slightly bigger. But the number you got are dead on, maybe a little high on the OCW but if you have them on a dimmer you will be golden.

Thanks Milad, can you answer my other question:

Another alternative is adding more leds between the pods. Maybe something like this:

3UP + OCW + TV ====== RB + RB ====== 3UP + OCW + TV

OR

3UP + OCW + RB + TV ============ TV + 3UP + OCW + RB

When you say pods for the 20" x 7" x7" you are still referring to mount them all in a line but touching each other, correct?

And to be a further pest ... do you think two TV is enough.

Sorry to bother just want to get all my ducks in a row to place the order correctly

thanks!

Hmmm...4ft x4ft tank build coming up figured I would share the layout. There will be 6 of these over the tank. Its a modification of my current setup. These will cover 16x24inches a piece. And each cluster should be in the range of around 9-10k lumens a cluster

Layout.jpg

jedimasterben
Hmmm...4ft x4ft tank build coming up figured I would share the layout. There will be 6 of these over the tank. Its a modification of my current setup. These will cover 16x24inches a piece. And each cluster should be in the range of around 9-10k lumens a cluster

Layout.jpg

You should color the hexagons in with their approximate color so it's easier to read. :P

I will comment on it after work, but looks good so far.

Lol I will later tonight...I was in the middle of making it and my fiance got in a head on accident last night so I didn't finish :/

Archived