Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Full Spectrum LED tank pictures

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

is it possible to create a full spectrum light that only used between 14-18 leds and only 2 dimmable drivers? how many of each colour would you recommend.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a 40B with a mix of CW,WW,RB,Cyan, and red love the colors was T5HO then T5HO/LED now all LEDs :D

now

That's interesting.....

Some here in the lighting forum, like Rehype and MedRed for example, have tried LEDs and are switching back to MH or T5 or a combo of such. Med Red even had 2 (not1), Radions on his tank!

I'll be getting one of Dave Fasons' new 13up set-ups for my BC29 soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics then! ;)

• Like 1
That's interesting.....

Some here in the lighting forum, like Rehype and MedRed for example, have tried LEDs and are switching back to MH or T5 or a combo of such. Med Red even had 2 (not1), Radions on his tank!

I'll be getting one of Dave Fasons' new 13up set-ups for my BC29 soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics then! ;)

heat alone will keep me from going back all my chips are in LEDs

I'd LOVE to see a DIY led cookbook; where members shwo off their FTS along with the "setup" info and a brief note on how close the color to to real life.

If we had a few dozen tanks with their neatly organized info then we could get an idea of what to chose.

I had a lens(???) fall off my XPE, it looks like a silicone fish eye lens... I was going to glue it with silicone but I lost it, can I just attach optics to all my LEDs so that in the end I seal off and protect the exposed(they don't do well exposed right? diode?

Sorry I know it's a bit off topic :/

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
WW/CW/RB/DR/Cyan thinking of add a few more like pink and violet

"Pink" is just 455nm (Royal Blue) and 660nm (Deep Red) in good cases

Bad cases its 620nm red and 465nm blue. So you basically have pink already.

"Pink" is just 455nm (Royal Blue) and 660nm (Deep Red) in good cases

Bad cases its 620nm red and 465nm blue. So you basically have pink already.

cool thanks looks like I am good then :happy:

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Milad

Any updates to the new LEDs you have up your sleeve?

Under 2 weeks they will be up for sale/pre order.

Under 2 weeks they will be up for sale/pre order.

Give us a hint! I just broke one of my new PC bulbs while installing it and have vowed to go LED. I'm so close to ordering but I keep finding new stuff like the 5 UP Rebels, the 13 UP boards, and the 50 and 100W multichips. Please give me something new to obsess over!

Give us a hint! I just broke one of my new PC bulbs while installing it and have vowed to go LED. I'm so close to ordering but I keep finding new stuff like the 5 UP Rebels, the 13 UP boards, and the 50 and 100W multichips. Please give me something new to obsess over!

What he said. ^

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Fine, but dont tell too many people yet. Nano reef should be the only ones that know about it.

We are developing what we are calling "Ocean Coral White". Its basically one star that you add on to pop your colors and make your build a full spectrum build.

So new builds, all you need really is two stars. One for your base color (Our 3UP LED we introduced late last year) and then the Ocean Coral White which will bring the colors in corals out that you see in this thread.

jedimasterben
Fine, but dont tell too many people yet. Nano reef should be the only ones that know about it.

We are developing what we are calling "Ocean Coral White". Its basically one star that you add on to pop your colors and make your build a full spectrum build.

So new builds, all you need really is two stars. One for your base color (Our 3UP LED we introduced late last year) and then the Ocean Coral White which will bring the colors in corals out that you see in this thread.

Quoting so you can't take it back. :P

Brilliant! That is exactly what I was looking for. I was about to order a bunch of colors from you and see what combos looked best. I found a few sites that would custom make 3UP and 5UP combos, but they didn't have the colors you do, and they charged so much it wasn't worth it.

Thanks for doing all the work so I don't have to!

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Brilliant! That is exactly what I was looking for. I was about to order a bunch of colors from you and see what combos looked best. I found a few sites that would custom make 3UP and 5UP combos, but they didn't have the colors you do, and they charged so much it wasn't worth it.

Thanks for doing all the work so I don't have to!

Thats what we are here for. We try to be as innovative as possible.

So it's going to have DR, Turq, and RB? Will it have a TV?

Milad,

You are the only supplier that listens to what we need and goes out and gets it for us at a good price and for that I salute you!

Now if you could only get the full bin codes for the white leds you offer so that I can be sure of where on the chromaticity curve the leds are I could finally say goodbye to cutter forever

Chromi.png

Archived