Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chase's JBJ sexy pico! (RIP)

Thornchase

No problem. And yeah, you might need that case sometime.

I saw one of these JBJs at my local freshwater store, pretty nice actually; I can see why people use them. I am a little surprised they would stock it because they have zero for marine related things, maybe there is a version with FW bulbs? idk.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says it is good for both FW and SW! saltwater as in softies and zoas. I am going to upgrade the light to a BoostLED Par 30 bulb!

So I never thought I would add anything that requires food... but when could I add a sexy shrimp or two? I got into this hobby with no intention of adding fish or shrimp soo and advise?

So I discovered thousands and thousands of Copepods! All over my rock and glass

Sweet! My reefs have so many bugs crawling all over the place, I need something to eat them all up!

Sweet! My reefs have so many bugs crawling all over the place, I need something to eat them all up!

I wish I could! but a wrasse is out of the question :P

Yup, I'm in the same boat, with 3 gallon display tanks...lol...maybe something in my 5's when I start them.....

Maybe! This tank will be a sexy tank... 2 sexy shrimp!

Haha, double post for two sexy shrimp? ;)

I really haven't thought much about livestock beyond corals...Fish aren't high on the list, but maybe some cool inverts?

I honestly dont like fish :P and the double post was my bad :)

I have 2 goldfish in a 36 gallon bowfront...lol...I don't know what I'm doing with the fish, but eventually that tank is gonna see salt!

I have 2 goldfish in a 36 gallon bowfront...lol...I don't know what I'm doing with the fish, but eventually that tank is gonna see salt!

I personally do not like FW tanks at all! Im not sure why!

I personally do not like FW tanks at all! Im not sure why!

I started my FW and SW journey at the same time, and found out real quickly that I have no interest in FW either...lol...thats why it still just has 2 goldfish in it, and nothing else...lol

I like my litte goldfish, though...I named them the day I bought them...I have dubbed them "Chips" and "Fish"

I started my FW and SW journey at the same time, and found out real quickly that I have no interest in FW either...lol...thats why it still just has 2 goldfish in it, and nothing else...lol

I like my litte goldfish, though...I named them the day I bought them...I have dubbed them "Chips" and "Fish"

HAHA thats awesome! I

Dnanoreefer

i have the same tank and didnt paint the glass before i set it up, but went to petco and got a peice of the tank backing, it is blue on one side and black on the other. i also picked up some of the goo that is supposed to help make it stick and such, yeah it works and looks great for like 7 bucks. makes a world of difference. i also added a hydor 240 and it added amazing flow, not to much but i dont have any dead spots besides just behind one rock. easily accessable with siphon. i like your scape tho. will make it easy for coral additons.

i have the same tank and didnt paint the glass before i set it up, but went to petco and got a peice of the tank backing, it is blue on one side and black on the other. i also picked up some of the goo that is supposed to help make it stick and such, yeah it works and looks great for like 7 bucks. makes a world of difference. i also added a hydor 240 and it added amazing flow, not to much but i dont have any dead spots besides just behind one rock. easily accessable with siphon. i like your scape tho. will make it easy for coral additons.

Thanks! Yea I have a total of 238gph so I think that's enough :) That tank backing was what I was going to get and I saw it very cheap there! The scape was planned out for the types of corals and the placement of the corals :) I thought ahead of this one!

I had to switch to the stock filter... The marineland was cooking the tank up in the 80's! So that is gone!

The Marineland Penguin 100 filter was heating up the tank because of the motor in it warming up the water that was going through it! My powerhead has no temp difference! And for now im going with some softies and some low light LPS until I get my BoostLED Par30 bulb for my birthday, That will be pretty sweet. Also thinking of adding some sexy shrimp too! I like them!

So I might not be able to add much for a while :( My youngest Tortoise needs a visit to the vet! So ill be good by April!

Archived