Top Shelf Aquatics

Chase's JBJ sexy pico! (RIP)

Thornchase

So here is my attempt at making a lid! it fits very well and I am pretty impressed on how much water I have been saving!

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is not opening as much

8a3d0f43.jpg

This one looks much better and is very bright lime green! :)

31393564.jpg

My parameters are out of wack (which i expected). I did two water changes and saw little improvement. The CUC and corals have not shown any signs of stress of discomfort! The corals will be going to a friend soon that wants them :) ill see how the params get!

So the Galaxeas are gone! Sold them to a fellow local reefer that had a larger tank :) I love Galaxeas but did not like the limitation of other corals I could keep :P

Why not do the 14 dimmable for $70?

Ooooh...you mean with shipping?

Yeah, well, this isn't the kind of hobby to undertake if you have trouble paying the rent, know what I mean? ;)

Yeah, it sucks, such a pretty price tag on the website, then the shipping hits...lol...That is the only thing that has kept me from getting the 14 dimmable, and NOW I'm trying to save for a Vegas trip too! Damn my expensive hobbies/addictions! hahah

If you're gonna pay $64, I'd say bite the bullet and pay about $102 shipped for the 14 dimmable.

So I think I'm going with the BoostLED Par30 bulb with a cheap fixture! what fixture though?

monkeytrumpets
So I think I'm going with the BoostLED Par30 bulb with a cheap fixture! what fixture though?

I have the lamp clamp that BoostLED sells and one of their Par30 bulbs, and I've been very happy with it. If not that, you could go with some kind of adjustable office lamp. Just be sure it can take the weight of the Par30.

So as I started this tank over I added my CUC today! Had a massive diatom bloom and my snails killed it all! The params hit 0 and I did a 1/2 gal WC

So as I started this tank over I added my CUC today! Had a massive diatom bloom and my snails killed it all! The params hit 0 and I did a 1/2 gal WC

Sounds like April 1st couldn't get here soon enough ;)

So I never did paint the back of my tank... So I'm using my laptop bag!

IMG_3360.jpg

ALSO added my old Marineland Penguin 100 Filter with just Filter Floss!

IMG_3359.jpg

Doesn't look to bad :P

IMG_3358.jpg

lol @ laptop bag...It really makes a huge difference, the powerhead and expecially the heater are way less noticable!

Looking good.

Thanks!

I am getting a black piece of paper and I will laminate it and just use that as a back ground :P Ill nee my bag back soon!

Archived