Pod Your Reef

Chase's JBJ sexy pico! (RIP)

Thornchase

bf88be6c845211e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

Picture 4/11/12

Click here to see what I have spent on this tank!

[bEquipment[/b]

• JBJ 3g pico
  • 50w submersible heater
  • Stock lights
  • Stock filter
  • nature's ocean aragonite #5 sand
  • Florida reef rock
  • Rio+ 200 Powerhead

Live Stock

Corals

Candy Cane

Fire and ice zoas

Eagle Eye Zoas

Yellow Polyps

Blue Florida Ricordea

Invertebrates

Sexy Shrimp

Feather Duster

Clean Up Crew

1 Astrea Snail

x2 blue leg hermits

x4 HH stomatella snail

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Stocking List!

• Zoas
  • Mushrooms
  • Rics
  • Acans
  • Frogspawn
  • Xenia
  • Softies
  • some low light lps
  • Palys and polys of all kinds if possible

Here is a picture of the 3 out of 5 rocks that I received in a small scape that may work! Also threw it in the bucket till my tanks get here... they are on back order for a long time!... i only asked for 4lbs!! so cool!

6778528208_c7870d753d.jpg

Untitled by Chase!?, on Flickr

6924645567_8132c2184c.jpg

Untitled by Chase!?, on Flickr

I am having a shell of a time looking for a cheap light upgrade that wont cost me hundrededs.... Is the stock light really that bad? only use for polys, palys, softies, shrooms, rics, acans, lps low light....

Bah

Yeah the stock light won't do that well for very long - maybe to start with you will be fine, for shrooms, softies, palys.

What's your budget? Aquastyle kits are cheap, or a BoostLED is only around $70-80

What's happenin' with this tank? Updates? :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=294675&hl=

Here is the deal^^^

but here is a short summary...

Ordered the tank on the 13th from jbjnanocube.com... Pretty sure i got screwed on that! so i ordered another one from Dr.fosterandsmith... That tank is on back order!!!!!!!! (but i love fosters so its ok :D ) so now i have no wait for a while and see if that one tank even comes and if that other gets off back order.... Lets just say I am not a happy camper at this point! I am very impatient with ordering and waiting this long really sucks.

This was my last online order. I do not have any debt or credit card so I was giving my Girlfriend cash and she ordered the stuff for me... Never again unless i know its certain and I can actually get what i want at a reasonable time frame for shipping... OR unless i really want it :P

So this build is on hold for the moment and I am not ok with that! LOL

Update!

So here is more info on my plan! I am having two picos side by side both with different stocking plans... I will get a 24" fixture to put over them... LED or T5... Most likely LED if i can order from Aquastyle. I will make a diagram in Sketchup now so you all can see my idea!

Archived